British Speedway Forum

The US have small tracks that give great entertainment...

Mildenhall in particular over here stands out as a small track that delivers good racing...

And to think, some Plymouth fans take the pee out of Poole's track...:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

That will be the oole track then

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

The US have small tracks that give great entertainment...

Mildenhall in particular over here stands out as a small track that delivers good racing...

Mildenhall was one of if not the most dangerous tracks in the UK…. Was terrible 

4 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Maybe more recently...

When I used to go there, there was some fantastic racing given its small size but wide bends.. 

• Like 3

was looking forward to coming down with the comets for my 1st visit in 10 days time, BUT after watching on BSN does not look to be a very good track at all, no passing and gate and gone, think it maybe a long nite for the many comets fans coming down . Hope I'm wrong 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Recently in the NL I'd agree but when they were in the Premier League 2006-08 it was fantastic.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Neila said:

was looking forward to coming down with the comets for my 1st visit in 10 days time, BUT after watching on BSN does not look to be a very good track at all, no passing and gate and gone, think it maybe a long nite for the many comets fans coming down . Hope I'm wrong 

Track curation is an art, you can't just lay a new track and expect it to work straight away.

Listen to what the riders said last night, it will improve over time once it beds in.

They changed the track during one of the wetest winters in history down there, they can't just chuck a load of shale on it and hope for the best, it will take time..

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Neila said:

We might just surprise a few, it's practically just about who gets out the gate first. Claus scored 11+2 there last season.

Maybe Tate and Antti can have a session round our kids track to practice for it :D

It was an awful spectacle last night it is absoultely pointless that they've widened it because the inside line off the 3/4 bend works so well, I can get Plymouth fans being defensive over it because it's their home, but it does the sport no favours. I can now see Cookie's and Lawson's comments about the place in the pre-season events were justified

As harsh as that sounds it's the truth and 99% on this forum would agree.

Anyone comparing this to Edinburgh is wrong imo, Edinburgh is a good test of a riders ability. Plymouth is just like US indoor track. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

We might just surprise a few, it's practically just about who gets out the gate first. Claus scored 11+2 there last season.

Maybe Tate and Antti can have a session round our kids track to practice for it :D

It was an awful spectacle last night it is absoultely pointless that they've widened it because the inside line off the 3/4 bend works so well, I can get Plymouth fans being defensive over it because it's their home, but it does the sport no favours. I can now see Cookie's and Lawson's comments about the place in the pre-season events were justified

Anyone comparing this to Edinburgh is wrong imo, Edinburgh is a good test of a riders ability. Plymouth is just like US indoor track. 

I heard what Lawson said, but what did Craig Cook say? 

Let’s see how the track is through the season. It sounded like they plan to put more dirt on the track, maybe that will make the racing better.

For all the bad words about the Edinburgh track, I saw a meeting there with 17 passes last season, so let’s not write the place off on the basis of one meeting after the changes.

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

Nobody likes us or our track, that's the way we like it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, lewy said:

Nobody likes us or our track, that's the way we like it.

Job done then!:t::rofl::cheers:

It makes a change - its usually Poole!:party:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Job done then!:t::rofl::cheers:

It makes a change - its usually Poole!:party:

Its usually Lewy saying it!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Neila said:

after watching this so called speedway meeting on BSN  i would not travel to see ANY races at this venue .its an absolute shambles of a track . i thougt some pikies had broken in and tried to pinch some shale .   no passing ( apart from B.B. )  but thats just me , or is it ?

Edited by j2ohh
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, M.D said:

Track curation is an art, you can't just lay a new track and expect it to work straight away.

Listen to what the riders said last night, it will improve over time once it beds in.

They changed the track during one of the wetest winters in history down there, they can't just chuck a load of shale on it and hope for the best, it will take time..

Maybe so, but if the track needs time why on earth did BSN cover this match, it was a borefest from start to finish,  certainly didn't do Speedway or Plymouth any favours, perhaps leave coverage of Plymouth till later on in the season, give it a bit more time

Edited by Buttons
  • Like 1