-
Topics
-
Posts
-
By King Jamie · Posted
Average fixing shenanigans aside (it's part of the sport), I'd have him back in a heartbeat. And I'm inviting Joe to join too. -
Just speaking for comets fans who regularly attend away meetings in good numbers, local tracks, around 40-75 fans attend, uto 100 at Redcar or Glasgow due to good race tracks and previous good performance by the team. Even the long trip nearly 800 mile round trip 😲 to Poole and Plymouth around 15 fans attending, I was one in PooleÂ
-
By crescent girl · Posted
Paranoia rules!    Even if Poole did propose the "one over eight" regulation -- which was no bad thing, helping to even up club strengths -- the rule had to be accepted by the majority of clubs when it was voted on.  It's called democracy. -
I think once they knew who their top 3 were and found 2 of them had averages less than 8 but other teams like Redcar and Glasgow relied on two 8 point riders they suggested the rule particularly knowing they had Rushen and cairns at reserve.Â
-
Small part of an interview with Jamie Courtney on BBC Radio Oxford lunchtime news today. He confirms its Championship for Oxford in 2027. Full interview will be on the Heat 16 podcast at 6pm tonight. You can listen again afterwards on BBC Sounds.
-
By YeOldPitGate · Posted
Agreed Mike if I was ever a promoter my first job would be to get a survey put together for past fans to complete as to why they no longer go, granted we can guess most of the reasons but I bet there's a host of others to. The big challenge at the moment is even if you came in as a new promoter with say 200k you could burn through in a season without blinking, you put together an attractive side , you move fast to get quality replacements for long term injuries etc you know in the current environment visiting teams will be turning up every other week with 1-2 riders missing, r/r etc. So somehow its not enough to have 2-3 forward looking promoters you need every single one to agree to level up.
-