Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

bigcatdiary

Members
  • Posts

    4,437
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

Everything posted by bigcatdiary

  1. It's obvious that this heat formula reduces the club's wages bill, I can think of no other logical reason why it's still here.
  2. I would be surprised if Ford hasn't already told Watt to get himself sorted, Matt isnt known for his patience.
  3. This match will be a good test for the Panthers following one of their best starts of the season after two very good away wins. No news on the team fronts but both expected to be at full strength.
  4. What's really concerning is when it was clear this heat format was seriously flawed ( and let's be honest everyone is aware it's crap) they didn't go back to the original heat format, it truly beggars belief.
  5. Both teams should be at full strength for this match and Panthers have started the season well so i expect some reasonable travelling support. Question is will the weather be kind to this fixture.
  6. And doing really well having elected practically a new committee in December 2015. Like Newcastle we take it seriously and have the full backing and support of the management. Quizzes, Race Nghts, Guest Nights and Dart Nights are now very well attended and along with the 50/50 raffle on race days raise very very respectable funds in support of Peterborough Speedway. We hold events at least every month and sometimes more and We also have a thriving junior cub section. Our Pre Season and End of Season Parties have been sell outs recently which is very encouraging.
  7. To be fair I was made aware of possible problems with the track in the week leading up to the meeting so it clearly wasn't something that just arose on the day.
  8. Looks like both teams at full strength for this one and with Panthers likely to bring a good following can any local fans tell us what's the weather looking like around Hoddesdon today. Hopefully you haven't had to much of the wet stuff over the last 24 hours.
  9. King and Covatti are reliable heat leader scorers, Risager is generally good for 7 to 8 at home and 5 or 6 away so whether you do any good is down to Kerr and Sargeant, they were both good last night and got you home but I thought your reserves were awful. Track looked a bit heavy early doors but was slick thereafter and it didn't provide much in the way of entertainment except when Covatti was riding.
  10. Although some people would think it's wise to prepare a track in view of the expected forecast their is another chain of thought that perhaps tracks should be prepared to entertain and provide actual racing. After much anticipation in the alterations I was hoping the Leicester track would have been much better. Despite the rain no show the meeting itself was dire with little or no racing, after 8 heats I had had enough and switched over and watched something else. I do hope this sent going to be the norm for sky meetings this year.
  11. Very true, we were talking about just that when driving past on the way home after the match.
  12. You would like to think so wouldn't you unfortunately the reality is somewhat different.
  13. They own the stadium and every concession for a start which certainly gives them a good start over most clubs but as you say it's not a lot.
  14. From what I can gather the track wasn't prepared as normal for the EWR and was a lot slicker than normal, I couldn't believe the low crowd (around 450). It was bloody cold as well, nice to see the referee run it through quickly after a late start re waiting for a paramedic to arrive.
  15. I would appreciate some local weather reports certainly on the day please as I again anticipate a lot of Peterborough supporters attending this one. I think we supplied about half of the attendance at Scunthorpe yesterday which for those interested was about 450.
  16. Apparently not looking at PL GSA issue 4
  17. Some overnight weather reports from Scunthorpe would be helpful because I know a lot of panthers fans are planning to come to this.
  18. It's nothing to do with the speedway club it's a Showground requirement for using the grandstand and Ged Rathbone said exactly that on the tannoy last night. H&S impose a lot of restrictions everywhere, I visited Sheffield last week and the back straight is still closed after decades.As for rudeness their is no excuse but people needed telling several times and people didnt move until Ged Rathbone went on the microphone. A week of rain had seriously affected the track, that said Tigers rode it better than most of my team so no complaints, you win some you lose some and you occasionally draw some, hopefully it was just one bad result.
  19. I can only agree and it really is not worth getting worked up about.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy