British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

GB V Poland - Tuesday 19 October 2021 - Ashfield, Glasgow

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Teams are not allowed to announce their riders individually - they are submitted to the FIM who then announce them via a press release after the deadline- hence me saying don`t expect to hear anything until a week today.

Will the FIM announce is exactly 6 days before? Or will they announce it as soon as they sign off the squad?

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

He's meant to be pretty good at moto-x too so I'm sure he'd handle bRough Park fine

Hey if a test match there ensured your continuation I'd be down in a flash.

It's the shape more than anything :D I can see him trying one of his dive bomb manoeuvres down the back straight and ending up in the overflow car park :D

I don't think there'll be any racing at Brough this year anymore, after all the shale people took on the track walk :rofl:

• Haha 1

Just now, Diamonds85 said:

Will the FIM announce is exactly 6 days before? Or will they announce it as soon as they sign off the squad?

It's the shape more than anything :D I can see him trying one of his dive bomb manoeuvres down the back straight and ending up in the overflow car park :D

I don't think there'll be any racing at Brough this year anymore, after all the shale people took on the track walk :rofl:

I am not the FIM and they probably don`t work Sunday`s in the offices in  Switzerland - so Monday is my best guesstimate with Tuesday being the latest.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

Considering Glasgow could still have four home matches to race and winter weather coming surely this meeting is a bit pointless.

I'm sure Tigers' fans would rather see their team especially when things could get expensive?

It's simple, we'll all save money by not coming through to Edinburgh for the KO cup (when's the date?) - sorted.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

It's simple, we'll all save money by not coming through to Edinburgh for the KO cup (when's the date?) - sorted.

The cup delay is no fault of Monarchs. Birmingham to thank for that one. Feather in the cap for Glasgow getting this test match. Just a shame in October. Could be a hiding for Team GB if Poles send their top 6 riders.

• Like 1

So assuming it's six man teams, what would GB's strongest side be?

Woffinden 

Lambert

Bewley

Ellis

Cook

King

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

If he tried one of his dive bomb manoeuvres he’d probably end up in Newcastle s town centre lol

5 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Considering Glasgow could still have four home matches to race and winter weather coming surely this meeting is a bit pointless.

I'm sure Tigers' fans would rather see their team especially when things could get expensive?

If the track is prepared and raceable, I don’t really care if I watch the Tigers or anyone else round Ashfield. I’ll gladly pay my money and watch, because it’s always an entertaining track.

Though it would be nice to see four more home matches for the Tigers…

• Like 1

Don’t bemoan an attractive meeting - live speedway at your track.

On behalf of speedway fans from Coventry, Eastbourne, Birmingham, Newcastle, Arena Essex, etc etc

• Like 4

This is the kind of meeting, British Speedway needs at this moment in time. Congrats to Glasgow for pulling it off. 

Up Team Gb!

• Like 6

Too far to go, but would definitely pay for a stream if no TV coverage..

Well done Glasgow...

Let's hope for no 'cry offs' and the best half dozen from both nations attend...

Could be a cracking night..

Think our promotion to be applauded for this. Only time out with SON going to see potentially woffy, Lambert, bartosz, magic, dudek. Honestly rather go to this than play offs, can't wait to see teams

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cinderfella said:

There's nothing pointless about seeing the calibre riders that would be on show in this.