British Speedway Forum
KIRKYLANE

Bbc Sports Personality

help needed..

I gave up watching the above a long time ago.... the BBC have snubbed Speedway for years..

Out of curiosity was Speedway / Tai Woffinden actually mentioned tonight and if so did it get more than 30 seconds ?????t

Yes it was mentioned no it didn't get 30 seconds.about 5 seconds I reckon.was a picture of tai tho!

I guess the stock car world champ had far more than 5 seconds though.......... :sad:

• Like 1

When was the last time a speedway rider was actually at the awards.Im sure I remember Ivan being there one year and maybe pc.Dont normally watch it but was Havvy invited and Mark Loram when they won their titles

I guess the stock car world champ had far more than 5 seconds though.......... :sad:

Unfortunately the programme was only on 3 hours, so not enough time to give every Stock car world champion 5 seconds each... however Tyson Fury was there to represent pikeys

• Like 4

Unfortunately the programme was only on 3 hours, so not enough time to give every Stock car world champion 5 seconds each... however Tyson Fury was there to represent pikeys

good old Tyson, the bbc lovey dovies clearly embarrassed he was there

As a member of the Lawn Tennis Association I could not believe that the Davis Cup team was the team of the year. Without the Murray's the rest of the team won just a handful of matches. As many team would have beaten GB like Switzerland where Roger Federer and Stanislaw Warwrinka decline to play. If the Davis Cup final had not been played yet the British team would not have been mentioned. The finalists Belgium were a very weak team.

Surely Tyson Fury should have won easily but he could not keep his mouth shut. After all how many Brits have ever been World Heavyweight Boxing Champion

The usual BBC nothing for Speedway . Shame they could not mention Tai the two time champion and his great rides for Charity

Edited by mickthemuppet

Shame they could not mention Tai

As posted above by bruno they did, but it was a blink and you missed it moment.

When was the last time a speedway rider was actually at the awards.Im sure I remember Ivan being there one year and maybe pc.Dont normally watch it but was Havvy invited and Mark Loram when they won their titles

Think you will find Tai was present when he won his 1st title

Last night. Alun Rossiter and Chris Harris were there.

Security not so good at the BBC then?

I thought that there was a big effort at present to make sure bombers were kept out of large public gatherings. :D

• Like 3

I don't believe they were there last night, but they were a couple of years ago!!

ps. I watched the programme last night but must have blinked or nodded off before Tai was apparently mentioned?!

Was Harris guesting for Tai, in true Speedway fashion?

• Like 8