British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

I've been saying it for a while now. Unless some mug is willing to promote at Lynn, and try and work with Buster as stadium owner I can see no way forward.

sadly I agree .

Buster doesn't/cant work with anyone, does/can he ?

I remember him saying how he had to step in and save the Club when the Waggy era went t1ts up. Well Buster it seems very much like its role reversal time and hopefully he will allow someone else to come in and try and rescue it and put it back on its feet.

Edited by semion
  • Like 3

What's tonight's 'weather warning'?

Tsunami coming down The Wash?.!😂😉

Edited by mikebv

Now with this weeks call off it's crazy, dejected fans in Oh No mode.- what Buster should have done is, last Friday shouted it far and wide "it's £10 for all adults ( inc concessions ) and £5 for the others - kids free. And here is your free race card". for the Rye House meeting and THAT would have been some kind of positive gesture to fans. I think they would have responded positively to that and turned up in droves. This leaves the real outcome hanging over an abyss. IF there is no thunderstorm or heavy rain before 10 pm we all know for sure that it was " postponed" for other reasons!

• Like 3

Wolves the next home fixture,

that's really gonna help with the mood round our place next week :lol:

When's the BT covered meeting, the one all other tracks are reducing the price for ;)

When's the BT covered meeting, the one all other tracks are reducing the price for ;)

7th August v Somerset

7th August v Somerset

I will be attending this meeting, after being at Peterborough the day before, please can all concerned make sure everything is in tip top condition.

Now with this weeks call off it's crazy, dejected fans in Oh No mode.- what Buster should have done is, last Friday shouted it far and wide "it's £10 for all adults ( inc concessions ) and £5 for the others - kids free. And here is your free race card". for the Rye House meeting and THAT would have been some kind of positive gesture to fans. I think they would have responded positively to that and turned up in droves. This leaves the real outcome hanging over an abyss. IF there is no thunderstorm or heavy rain before 10 pm we all know for sure that it was " postponed" for other reasons!

We know that anyway.

KL are a mess.

Better off going Championship next year.

Buster hasn't done himself any favours whatsoever.

I would be happy following them in the Championship.Like many i think.Let's be honest there's only 2-3 so called stars in the PL anyway.And they don't want to race all the time,only when it suits them.Who knows you might see a couple more before the end of July,again only when it suits.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

I never thought that Buster being elected as Chairman of BSPA would have an effect on Kings Lynn Speedway like it has. But it appears our speedway club has become a rudderless ship drifting helplessly in the deep waters of despair.... For someone who puts a lot of power in thought and moral values, I have the greatest respect of what the Chapman's are going through.. I have feelings for Buster, but it is Jonathan who I feel for, big time. He may have fallen out with his father, but nobody want to see every Tom Dick and Harry rubbish their Dad

The Father-Son parting, highlights all the problems our club is facing, but it also highlights the obvious answers.. Buster has many good attributes and ideas, he is workaholic, would work from dawn to dusk to get jobs done, A real hands-on man. He appears to have problems with Delegation, Negotiations and Taking Control. Whereas Jonathon is all them things and more. He can also be the organiser, the planner, the promoter, and someone who would step up and take control. A partnership made in heaven.

I don't think Buster is aware of the damage that was done last week. He shows scant regards to the fans, and gives the impression we should be indebted to him for allowing us to come and watch... At times he seem incapable of communicating with the fans and wants to keep everything a secret. Hardly the attitude of a successful Promoter...

In this day and age, there can be no excuse for poor communication. The Social Media makes it so easy to keep everyone informed. Updating Web-sites is a doddle. All it need is somebody in the know to keep fans abreast of all the problems, all the planning and forth coming meeting and clashes.

The Stars fans are amongst the best in the land and deserve Jonathon on board. I am in no doubt, that had JC been part of the management team last week all those problems would have been sorted. I feel, unless Father and Son can get together and overcome their differences , this ship will only continue along its destructive route...

and that wouldn't be good for anybody....,

• Like 1

I never thought that Buster being elected as Chairman of BSPA would have an effect on Kings Lynn Speedway like it has. But it appears our speedway club has become a rudderless ship drifting helplessly in the deep waters of despair.... For someone who puts a lot of power in thought and moral values, I have the greatest respect of what the Chapman's are going through.. I have feelings for Buster, but it is Jonathan who I feel for, big time. He may have fallen out with his father, but nobody want to see every Tom Dick and Harry rubbish their Dad

The Father-Son parting, highlights all the problems our club is facing, but it also highlights the obvious answers.. Buster has many good attributes and ideas, he is workaholic, would work from dawn to dusk to get jobs done, A real hands-on man. He appears to have problems with Delegation, Negotiations and Taking Control. Whereas Jonathon is all them things and more. He can also be the organiser, the planner, the promoter, and someone who would step up and take control. A partnership made in heaven.

I don't think Buster is aware of the damage that was done last week. He shows scant regards to the fans, and gives the impression we should be indebted to him for allowing us to come and watch... At times he seem incapable of communicating with the fans and wants to keep everything a secret. Hardly the attitude of a successful Promoter...

In this day and age, there can be no excuse for poor communication. The Social Media makes it so easy to keep everyone informed. Updating Web-sites is a doddle. All it need is somebody in the know to keep fans abreast of all the problems, all the planning and forth coming meeting and clashes.

The Stars fans are amongst the best in the land and deserve Jonathon on board. I am in no doubt, that had JC been part of the management team last week all those problems would have been sorted. I feel, unless Father and Son can get together and overcome their differences , this ship will only continue along its destructive route...

I really feel this is our last season unless a new promoter can be found can't see Buster running the speedway next season - and if a new promoter is found they are still going to have Buster doing the track - no one should doubt what turmoil our club is in .

From SS on another thread....

Just chatted with Chris Holder. He said the track at Kings Lynn was unrideable and that over 100 tons of fresh shale had been put on that was super grippy. Nowt wrong with Batchelor a 'handy' excuse.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Sadly, you are spot on with this post. However I suspect Jonathan has his own life and business to lead, and seeing the sorry state the whole sport is in, he is probably happy to keep well out of it. There is nothing better I would like to see than JC back at the helm, we might at least get some communication and honesty back in to the club, but unfortunately I can't see it happening.