British Speedway Forum
iainb

Craig Cook Sacked!

WTF!

Now I know Cook has erm... a bit of an unsettled track record recently to put it diplomatically but are KL stark raving mad? To ditch a rider after 2 meetings after not riding for nigh on 18 months is disgraceful behaviour. According to their statement there has been no fall out it's based on form/scores.

Cook previously has a rather decent track record of loyalty to clubs Belle Vue, Edinburgh & Glasgow so it looks like if he's handled correctly then he can be a real asset to a club.

Is it any wonder that very few people take up Speedway as a career in this country when riders are treated like this? Is there any other sport where the team members are chopped and changed as much as they are in Speedway?

• Like 2

Shocking decision by Lynn, if there is someone already waiting in the wings then, that is disgusting, did they tell him before the meeting that he is no longer required? Who would want to ride for a club that sacks someone after 2 matches and no racing for 18 months. Kings Lynn have really went down in my estimation. Hope he gets another team and scores a maximum against the stars. I have followed Glasgow for a long time, home and away, even when we were getting beat, only in last couple of years have we been near the top of the table and a lot of that is due to Craig, both on and off the track, treat him right and he will give 110%

• Like 4

Whilst its harsh its Speedway. Cook occupied a fair chunk of the team building average at Lynn and on paper is the 3rd highest ave in the league (behind dis-interested Batch and assessed Crump). Don't forget that Kings Lynn will have chucked a decent sum of money Craigs way to sign on initially, laid out for the usual trimmings that riders expect and have released him after just 2 matches use. Had others been performing im sure Cook would have got a little longer to settle but Speedway is a business and another couple of home performances like that could finish Kings Lynn off as a viable team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Sadly, I think there is more to this than is being made public.

I can only base my thoughts and comments on what has been stated publicly

Could it be Cook has asked to be released too.He stated last week his head wasn't in the right place and he was feeling anxious.Maybe he feels all the travelling has a part to play in this also.

• Like 1

If Buster has a 'replacement lined up' as is stated, it will be that this rider (and it ain't rocket science, working out who) has an average so high that it HAD to be Cookie who got moved on to accommodate him.

3 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

If Buster has a 'replacement lined up' as is stated, it will be that this rider (and it ain't rocket science, working out who) has an average so high that it HAD to be Cookie who got moved on to accommodate him.

It’s Lawson, it’s been confirmed 

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Sadly, I think there is more to this than is being made public.

Isn’t their always ?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, therefused said:

It’s Lawson, it’s been confirmed 

Were it been confirmed?

1 minute ago, Wolfie456 said:

Were it been confirmed?

Latest news on lynn website 

Richard Lawson?!  Does his Prem average keep him at 1?

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Richard Lawson?!  Does his Prem average keep him at 1?

Riss will be No1, with a less than 7 average