British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Garry1603 said:

No one was a winner tonight - Bewley, Brennan and Harris will obviously be disappointed, but the real losers again were the poor spectators who had to wait for the inevitable result in the rain, and most of all the sport itself  (again). 

How can they not have hard and fast rules in place for a meeting called off after 12 heats, it's not like it's the first time it's ever happened.

What would a casual tv viewer have thought of that I wonder?

Exactly what us avid followers of the sport will think....:D

11 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Ellis has no moral fibre in him. He was well beaten tonight and should have declined to accept the wild card when riders far better then him were more worthy of the nomination. He has no conscience and seemingly will screw anyone. I hope he can sleep at night.

You're not alone tonight are you? Worried you'll do something you regret.

Calm down! Oh no, I wouldn't want a once in a lifetime opportunity, give it to someone else please.

Bomber and Brennan rode better in the 3 heats, Ellis is the current British Champion which both of those riders can't say.

Has the sport let itself down again for the millionth time... yes, will they learn from the mistakes, No. 

• Like 5

Imagine the scenes if the re-staging takes place on a Polish Speedway Night where Dan Bewley has to pull out of the meeting followed by Adam Ellis having a blinder and retaining his title.

17 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

For all these people saying its a crap decision....

Please come up with a solution which doesn't include rerunning before Cardiff as that clearly isn't a viable option.

I'm all ears.....

Anything but that descision

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FAST GATER said:

To coin a phrase " you could not make this up "

Erm... I did:lol:

3 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

And what's to stop them cancelling next week's Premiership fixtures and rerunning it next Monday night? 

Tickets sold for the meetings, tracks not being available later on in the season, volunteers giving time away for the meeting already, food trucks rented, first aid booked, riders flights and travel already booked, holiday season so tracks wanting to take advantage.

Probably more reasons aswell.

Not everything revolves around the British Championship

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Shame about the rain. Lovely evening in Poole. Why hold it at the wettest place in the U.K.? Yes track is the best but so much of the wet stuff. Could have been at Wimborne Road in T-shirts and drinking Pims while eating prawn sandwiches.

Actually Manchester is number ten in the list of wettest places in the UK, still not on a par with the sunny south though. :)

Regulation 101.00

"A British Final can be declared as "Completed" after 12 heats and a winner named"...

Regulation 101.01

The winner will be declared  by using the following criteria:-

The rider with the most points will be declared the winner..

In the event of two or more riders having the same number of points? 

Can anyone think of anything?

Anyone? 

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

Regulation 101.00

"A British Final can be declared as "Completed" after 12 heats and a winner named"...

Regulation 100.01

The one with the cleanest bike.

• Like 1

Just now, mikebv said:

Regulation 101.00

Regulation 100.01

In the main Regs everything that mentions the British final regarding 12 heats it`s followed by IF NOT RERUN- that is the get out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Godfrey said it was unanimous decision.. yes ok Rob we believe you!

By ellis and his dad:o

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

That's the farce, if someone had 9 that would've been it, champion crowned no re-run and they would be off to Cardiff. Because they've not thought of a rule should this situation occur they've come up with some total cop and begged the FIM for help 

That is not what was said.  The said they had to get the FIM to confirm Ellis as the wildcard for Cardiff, not decide it for them.

But there is no rule that would be fair to decide a meeting in this situation where you have a three-way tie on points and count back, and where they have not all raced each other.  But they have thought up a rule, you either draw lots or a rerun.  For me if you have the option of a rerun there is no other decision to be made.  As for the wildcard, maybe they did draw lots?  All we know is they said they chose Ellis and the players agreed.

The farce is how long it took them to tell people what was happening, because they did not need to keep everyone else hanging around while they decide on who will go to Cardiff then get it confirmed.  We could all have read the tweet or whatever later, I doubt anyone in Manchester cared that much about hearing it over the PA.

• Like 4

Because the meeting as been abandoned and no result called Ellis is still British champion so he goes to Cardiff . Not ideal I grant you but he was unlucky last year with Cardiff being cancelled but very lucky this year

pity  it took so long for someone to inform the fans .us speedway supporters were also unlucky tonight because before the rain there was some bloody good racing .one day i am going to have to pop across the Pennines to a meeting 

• Like 4