Birmingham Brummies 

1. R/R for Josh Auty - 
2. Danno Verge (Guest) - 
3. Paul Starke (Guest) - 
4. Tom Woolley (Guest) - 
5. Justin Sedgmen - 
6. Lee Complin (Guest) - 
7. Ben Morley (Guest) -

wow, just wow, I know injuries can’t be helped but WOW.

I feel more sorry for Poole than Birmingham. If there was ever a reason to cancel a match for anything other than the weather then this is it 

It clearly reinforces what the promoters think of the competitions they run doesnt it?

Which is...

It isn't about the competitions themselves but simply about "putting some Speedway on"..

Which is fine...

As long as they don't spend much time scratching their collective heads, wondering why tens of thousands of fans who still follow this great sport very closely, give it a collective miss most weeks...

Because simply, if they themselves don't even look like they try to take it seriously, (and meetings being ran like the Poole v Brum one suggests that is definitely the case), then getting fans to believe in it is very improbable..

A shame.. 

Great sport, really poor operating model..

• Like 7

Birmingham Brummies 

1. R/R for Josh Auty - 
2. Danno Verge (Guest) - 
3. Paul Starke (Guest) - 
4. Tom Woolley (Guest) - 
5. Justin Sedgmen - 
6. Lee Complin (Guest) - 
7. Ben Morley (Guest) -

Keeping the costs down like I previously posted!

Lambs to the slaughter!

Can't blame B'ham for this....

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Birmingham Brummies 

1. R/R for Josh Auty - 
2. Danno Verge (Guest) - 
3. Paul Starke (Guest) - 
4. Tom Woolley (Guest) - 
5. Justin Sedgmen - 
6. Lee Complin (Guest) - 
7. Ben Morley (Guest) -

When did they join the National League?

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

It clearly reinforces what the promoters think of the competitions they run doesnt it?

Which is...

It isn't about the competitions themselves but simply about "putting some Speedway on"..

Which is fine...

As long as they don't spend much time scratching their collective heads, wondering why tens of thousands of fans who still follow this great sport very closely, give it a collective miss most weeks...

Because simply, if they themselves don't even look like they try to take it seriously, (and meetings being ran like the Poole v Brum one suggests that is definitely the case), then getting fans to believe in it is very improbable..

A shame.. 

Great sport, really poor operating model..

The idea of running a "Summer Cup" that was then renamed a "Jubilee Cup" in the middle of the League programme because the League programme started too soon and ended too soon now looks to be the joke it is!

In 2019 the season started with "The Shield" (the Summer Cup in another name). The benefit starting with "The Shield" was that it actually attracted good early season Crowds, actually had full strength Teams and delivered some competitive semi-finals later in the summer.  If I remember correctly the infamous Eastbourne v Glasgow match was a Shield semi final - certainly full strength Teams and no lack on intensity in that one was there!

Had they started 2022with The Shield (aka Summer / Jubilee Cup) it would have been taken seriously and led to a more sensible spread of League Fixtures, especially in August!

Not rocket science is it? 

36 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Woolley and Verge, WTF? That's an horrendous side. Embarrassing.

Honestly Baggy,I could bloody weep!!:rolleyes:

• Sad 2

You have to question whether this fixture should go ahead.Thought you could receive a fine for tracking an under strength Team.This should have been rescheduled.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

When did they join the National League?

Is the team good enough for that League ? :D

18 minutes ago, HGould said:

The idea of running a "Summer Cup" that was then renamed a "Jubilee Cup" in the middle of the League programme because the League programme started too soon and ended too soon now looks to be the joke it is!

In 2019 the season started with "The Shield" (the Summer Cup in another name). The benefit starting with "The Shield" was that it actually attracted good early season Crowds, actually had full strength Teams and delivered some competitive semi-finals later in the summer.  If I remember correctly the infamous Eastbourne v Glasgow match was a Shield semi final - certainly full strength Teams and no lack on intensity in that one was there!

Had they started 2022with The Shield (aka Summer / Jubilee Cup) it would have been taken seriously and led to a more sensible spread of League Fixtures, especially in August!

I thought the season started with K.O.Cup meetings?!   ....and it looks like Poole will be waiting for their semi-final opponents until September!!

4 minutes ago, HGould said:

Fine, but.....

If the extra tournament had been staged in springtime, the meetings now taking place would be Championship matches -- with the same number of injured/suspended/unavailable riders missing.

Birmingham (and Plymouth) have been blighted this season, with every effort to replace long-term absentees thwarted by total unavailability of new riders.

The real reason for the drastic rider-famine is Brexit.     Any speedway fan who voted for it must now be realising what a monster they helped create.

• Like 3

15 5-1 should be on the cards,and to think i was looking forward to seeing the comets back next year !!

49 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Birmingham Brummies 

1. R/R for Josh Auty - 
2. Danno Verge (Guest) - 
3. Paul Starke (Guest) - 
4. Tom Woolley (Guest) - 
5. Justin Sedgmen - 
6. Lee Complin (Guest) - 
7. Ben Morley (Guest) -

Lambs to the slaughter!

Best team I can construct from riders available would be:

1 Wells

2 r/r for Morris

3 Summers or Starke

4 Dan Thompson

5 Sedgmen

6 Heeps

7 Morley

Even the most die hard speedway fan is going to think twice about turning up for this 

• Like 5

Not going tonite not worth spending 

£30 plus what shame don't miss many meetings 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1