British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Coraldon said:

What an award for the best promotion, fairest track, and best supporters in our league.

Not that you're biased or anything :D

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Just read that the Championship riders final is at Redcar this year.

Good news for Redcar. 

When is it to be held? Hopefully a Sunday and towards the end of the season. 

28 minutes ago, Beirao said:

When is it to be held? Hopefully a Sunday and towards the end of the season. 

27th August - Sunday 5pm start.. August bank holiday weekend

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScunnyDan said:

27th August - Sunday 5pm start.. August bank holiday weekend

Drop into Leicester on the way up on Saturday, and then Monday's return via Belle Vue (at noon) and Wolves or Peterborough in the evening.:D

18 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Just read that the Championship riders final is at Redcar this year.

Good news for Redcar. 

Disasterous news - need to get it  moved :angry:

Why ??  Someone's wife suggested a nice 5 day cruise leaving on a Saturday returning on a Thursday so no impact on Speedway, and it's all booked :cry:

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So Bailey in for Shanes!

Always polite to post a link ;)

http://www.redcar-speedway.com/2023/03/02/bears-bailed-out-after-massive-injury-blow-to-shanes/

Fingers crossed Shanes gets it sorted and can carry on racing at some point in the future. Great to see Bailey back in the Championship.

Better signing than Shanes in the long run imo. Disappointed we didn't fit him in as this could be the season he really kicks on.

Suspect will only be at 2 until first set of averages and swap with Edwards. Really like look of that side now. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Always polite to post a link ;)

http://www.redcar-speedway.com/2023/03/02/bears-bailed-out-after-massive-injury-blow-to-shanes/

Fingers crossed Shanes gets it sorted and can carry on racing at some point in the future. Great to see Bailey back in the Championship.

Shanes was always the question mark for me in the team. He seems to ride a speedway bike like he would a Grasstrack bike so down into the saddle rather than getting off it and he runs into bends on a closed throttle whereas for most tracks, riders are throttling up just as they turn into the first bend. It makes him difficult to pass if he’s in front, especially on tight tracks, but slow when behind. 
He is a terrific grass tracker, though accident prone, but unlike some of the top grass trackers of the past, like Wigg, Schofield, Screen, Morton etc, he hasn’t transferred that ability to speedway.

It’ll be interesting to see if the move away from Glasgow helps Bailey. I suspect it will and he’ll make an already solid looking Redcar team even better. 

Any idea what connor's starting average is ?

Fair bit lower than James I'm guessing !

How far under the points limit are we ? Ta 

6 minutes ago, Jeffo said:

Any idea what connor's starting average is ?

Fair bit lower than James I'm guessing !

How far under the points limit are we ? Ta 

4.69 Shanes, 4.32 Bailey. Close to like for like but Bailey likely to do better over the season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I suspect come the end of the season that signing will actually make Redcar stronger.

28 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

4.69 Shanes, 4.32 Bailey. Close to like for like but Bailey likely to do better over the season. 

Thanx for that. I thought James was a lot higher for some reason. Like you say like for like and I agree possibly a better signing overall !!

Edited by Jeffo