British Speedway Forum
Monarchs2468

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

probably age the reason, in this equality diversity world we live in.

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I'd have had him in the squad if not the starting line up, but the comment that he beats the others regularly is completely irrelevant when it's in the UK. Polish experience and ability is what counts.

• Like 1

Richard Lawson certainly likes a laugh …. A gater who would be picked off with ease and should be nowhere near the GB top 5 ….. squad possibly 

47 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Denmark I just don't see as winners.

Yet when I said that earlier, I got questioned? Glad YOU agree with me...

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Richard Lawson certainly likes a laugh …. A gater who would be picked off with ease and should be nowhere near the GB top 5 ….. squad possibly 

He wouldn't have been picked off at ease so far with the state of the  track in the first 3 meetings.Hopefully it will be different tonight.

This meeting starts at 8:00PM according to sportowefacty. They did say yesterday it would start one hour later.

54 minutes ago, chunky said:

I just think it's hilarious reading some of this stuff, both on the BSF, and on Facebook. I reckon it's going to be really tight tonight.

Thing is, it seems that the majority of people are convinced that GB are destined to finish stone last. Why? We cruised through the semi-final. We are the only nation with three riders in the top 9 of the GP standings. Yet we are going to be outclassed?

Yes, we COULD finish last, but are we really that crappy?

I ve got the poles as favourites but am hoping the pressure gets to them expecting Zmarzlik to go through the card .The Aussies should be the ones to push them close .Expecting us to be battling with the Dane’s for the bronze.Looking at the 1st race baptism of fire for Adam ,welcome to the next level Zmarzlik next to him then Pedersen who’s probably one of the best starters in the world and Jack holder thrown in for good measure.if all the lads give it all they ve got we can’t ask for anything more .

• Like 1

Our top 3 are a good as any currently 5th, 8th & 9th in the world, beyond that the other contenders for a team place are all very much of a muchness, Ellis has time on his side and of the other's, on form, I probably would have gone for Lawson for his starting ability.

Really tonight i think it's probably as open as it's been for years and you could make a case for any of them to win it, for Poland it'll depend on which Janowski turns up, the Magic one or the Tragic one. 

Come on our boys!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

I ve got the poles as favourites but am hoping the pressure gets to them expecting Zmarzlik to go through the card .The Aussies should be the ones to push them close .Expecting us to be battling with the Dane’s for the bronze.Looking at the 1st race baptism of fire for Adam ,welcome to the next level Zmarzlik next to him then Pedersen who’s probably one of the best starters in the world and Jack holder thrown in for good measure.if all the lads give it all they ve got we can’t ask for anything more .

See, I'm not convinced by the Poles. Janowski and Dudek both have to improve on this season's form if they want to win. I agree that the Aussies are solid, but I don't think they are any more solid than we are. They looked good yesterday against largely inferior opposition. I think that a lot will depend on Fricke and Lidsey. Lidsey has looked good this week, but he is up against a much stronger field.

Edited by chunky

1 minute ago, chunky said:

See, I'm not convinced by the Poles. Janowski and Dudek both have to improve on this season's form if they want to win. I agree that the Aussies are solid, but I don't think they are any more solid than we are. They looked good yesterday against largely inferior opposition. I think that a lot will depend on Fricke and Lindsey. Lindsey has looked good this week, but he is up against a much stronger field.

You mean Lidsey! 

Yes i remember Janowski used to ride Leicester very well and had some great battles with Doyle.

While the Poles are favourites I think all the Teams are well balanced and it will be tight..Gate positions may make the difference.

I think the Poles are strong and this format suits them.  A bit similar to GB in a round about way, I'd use Kolodziej.  However, I see the Poles like this. Bartosz is great, Janowski is top notch at Wroclaw.  Kubera and Dudek are gaters and Kolodziej is box office but not strictly a gater.  I'd use Kolodziej when Dudek and Kubera are in gates 3 & 4.