British Speedway Forum
Jaizer

Glasgow Vs Oxford Championship 5th May

Just now, lucifer sam said:

They are indeed, and it won't stop me doing it all again. In my case, the day off work can't be reclaimed, but the hotel was still refundable. Others have been less lucky.  

But I do expect the management of clubs to play ball and make every effort to get a meeting on. It's very hard to see that that's happened in this case. Surely you'll agree that is a very light "rain off"?  Just look at how light the rain in the forecast actually is.

Damned if you do Damned if you don't.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

They are indeed, and it won't stop me doing it all again. In my case, the day off work can't be reclaimed, but the hotel was still refundable. Others have been less lucky.  

But I do expect the management of clubs to play ball and make every effort to get a meeting on. It's very hard to see that that's happened in this case. Surely you'll agree that is a very light "rain off"?  Just look at how light the rain in the forecast actually is.

Have you ever heard the quote…….”If you don’t like the Scottish weather, just hang on for 20 minutes”?  There’s a reason for this saying. You just don’t understand the weather systems in Scotland. Bearing in mind the Berwick issues, this is the correct decision despite what  you may think. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Have you ever heard the quote…….”If you don’t like the Scottish weather, just hang on for 20 minutes”?  There’s a reason for this saying. You just don’t understand the weather systems in Scotland. Bearing in mind the Berwick issues, this is the correct decision despite what  you may think. 

If that's the case they should just call off every meeting in the morning - you know, just in case.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

If that's the case they should just call off every meeting in the morning - you know, just in case.

Good idea.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Damned if you do Damned if you don't.

That's a non-answer if I ever saw one :lol:

As you're not saying otherwise, are you agreeing that it was a very light "rain off"? ;) 

Edited by lucifer sam

37 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

That's a non-answer if I ever saw one :lol:

It’s only a non answer if you want it to be.

I fully understand your frustrations but the weather is what it is, we have had rain earlier and last night and more forecast, as I say Damned if you do Damned if you don’t.

Its really a moot argument anyway as the call has been made regardless.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

It says on my forecast between 2pm and 7pm there'll be 1.1 millimetres of rain in Glasgow, no rain thereafter.  However, it's their business and their risk so they have the right to decide.  It's a real shame for anyone who might have planned travel though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Surely the best track and track staff in world speedway can deal with a couple of potential showers. 

They are at Armadale though some would say

2 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

As you say, it is the correct decision bearing in mind the Berwick upset, however it sets a bit of a precedent for the future. Dont think we can always postpone meetings in this way. 

2:40pm and a Sky Sports News reporter is live at Rangers training ground and it’s lashing down and they keep losing satellite picture 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

2:40pm and a Sky Sports News reporter is live at Rangers training ground and it’s lashing down and they keep losing satellite picture 

Which isn't too far from Ashfield.

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Would agree these days.You also have to factor in the riders attitude these days if there is dampness about.They are out digging up the tracks in minutes if it drizzles.

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

They are at Armadale though some would say

Good point, 2nd best track staff and track then.

• Haha 1

On BSN website now advising meeting postponed due to track waterlogged.

Appears Glasgow were justified in early postponement, thereby saving all intending to attend of a wasted journey.

37 minutes ago, cyclone said:

On BSN website now advising meeting postponed due to track waterlogged.

Appears Glasgow were justified in early postponement, thereby saving all intending to attend of a wasted journey.

never enough rain fell in the glasgow area today and its now a lovely night with the sun out typical glasgow imo

• Like 1
  • Sad 1