British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Plymouth 7th June league

2 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Phew- down in Dorset on holiday and thought about going to speedway for the first time in maybe 4 years.

Lucky escape . No doubt some wag will tell me the scoreline didn’t reflect the closeness of the racing . 

1. Track was definitely a lot better with the new shale on :t:

2. Poole riders flew out of the gate most of the time, Plymouth not really had an answer for that.

3. Highlight was prob the Worrall twins banging elbows at the start of one of their races,( I mean really banging elbows and handlebars!) Steve won the battle that time btw. Also a good battle between Newman and Gilkes in H14. Barker had a good race and won comfortably in the 5-1 race to Plymouth.

But that is pretty much it.

Plymouth not the worst team at Poole though, once Lakeside only got 20! Silver linings and all that..

I feel sorry for any Poole fan who had to witness that rubbish from Plymouth I’m embarrassed to call myself a fan, they promoter who put the team together and the riders should hang there heads in shame the warning signs were after Birmingham Poole fans I expect you to give it to Plymouth I would if it was the other way round raging can’t put it into words how I’m feeling.

Poole are a dominant side and many peoples favourites for the league but the Plymouth effort is pretty pitiful.  Seems as though apart from Worrall the Plymouth team is struggling. Would of expected much more from Howarth. 

39 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I refer you to my earlier post where I talked about an ideal world and acknowledged that we don't live in one of those ;)

Even without the distance, why would we want to face Peterborough, King’s Lynn and Ipswich over Redcar and Poole?

11 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

8, 5-1s ridiculous 

Not wishing to rub it in Mike0310 but it was 9, 5-1s!!

Respect to all those Plymouth fans who made the trip. Good to hear the big cheer for the Gladiators 1-5 in heat 10 from the Bar Bandits.

27 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Good prediction!

It was easy to predict. Both Turner and Trigger are no match for Newman and Roynon at reserve. To be fair Turner did give it a go and led Poole riders Roynon and Zach Cook in a couple of his heats but had no chance of retaining his position. Simply picked off. Trigger was always last out of the gate and tailed off.

It really was one way traffic and must have been frustrating for the travelling Plymouth fans on the first bend. After 3 heats it was all over and but for a surprise 1-5 for Barker and Gilkes, only Richie Worrall put up any kind of resistance. Teams are all built to the same points limit but these two sides are really chalk and cheese. And what on earth has happened to Kyle Howarth? He has throughout his career always scored well at Wimborne Road but tonight he was appalling and a shadow of the rider he once was. 

Before a wheel had turned this year I fancied Plymouth to safely make the playoffs, but it’s looking unlikely. Morley might score ok at home but away? I see three issues which I are difficult for the Plymouth promotion to cross. The first smaller problem is location. It’s out on a limb and means lots of miles to get to every home meeting. Some might disagree. Clearly Richie Worrall does and drives down from the NE for every home meeting. The second is the track. Not an easy track and you have to be fast out of the traps otherwise you are chasing shadows. The third is crowd size. Last night there wasn’t a big crowd. Perhaps 5-600? Yes Poole again for the third time this season so the Plymouth fans are sick of the sight of us.The club has to be run on a very tight budget. Combine the three and it’s difficult to attract riders of a certain calibre. 

Yes I want my club to win but thrashings are boring. I want to see the opposition put up a good fight. And well done to Kyle Newman on a superb paid maximum tonight. He really is on great form.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Even without the distance, why would we want to face Peterborough, King’s Lynn and Ipswich over Redcar and Poole?

Because you'd like to see Laguta, Sayfutdinov, Doyle etc on your track? 

Maybe you wouldn't, my original point was about clubs who seem to have the potential to go further. And you guys have the circuit to go with it.

Next season I think we will see just two divisions, a “top” league and a “junior” level league and Plymouth will be in the latter, maybe just maybe that would allow them to hold Nora meetings too? That would probably be their ideal scenario.

No pressure on having to be competitive with teams they can’t hold a candle too financially, just run the sport as a centre of development which is ideally what Iwade and Workington will be.

South, South East and North West covered.

• Like 2

Well one team turned up but for the life of me I can't think which one?! :D

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Would make sense for Oxford in my opinion. Plenty of teams much closer to them (Ipswich, Peterborough, Wolves, King's Lynn and Leicester - although admittedly a couple of them might sadly not be around next season) than the teams in Championship. I get why they were a bit tentative at first, as it was difficult to gauge how many fans would turn up when they returned, but they are still getting very healthy crowds. No greyhound racing on Tuesday or Thursdays either - biggest issue is probably having enough free days to keep the Charges going in the NDL.

From what I heard Oxford wanted to go PL but were turned down and told they could only go CL at the highest.

No doubt in the best interests of the sport.

I myself am totally happy with CL which I've always thought is the best league for variety and competitiveness. Plus in the latter years before we were shutdown the Conference league was very enjoyable and the Chargers in the NDL both last year and this are great value for money.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I feel sorry for any Poole fan who had to witness that rubbish from Plymouth I’m embarrassed to call myself a fan, they promoter who put the team together and the riders should hang there heads in shame the warning signs were after Birmingham Poole fans I expect you to give it to Plymouth I would if it was the other way round raging can’t put it into words how I’m feeling.

Mike0310 you are a very honest chap and always like your Frank opinions about your team do you think there will be changes and if so who would you replace,read a comment Plymouth being where it is makes it a long trek for riders and maybe that is a problem.No fun for either set of fans tonight winning by that margin is hopeless only winners were Poole riders bank accounts

12 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

From what I heard Oxford wanted to go PL but were turned down and told they could only go CL at the highest.

No doubt in the best interests of the sport.

I myself am totally happy with CL which I've always thought is the best league for variety and competitiveness. Plus in the latter years before we were shutdown the Conference league was very enjoyable and the Chargers in the NDL both last year and this are great value for money.

Couldn’t agree more, I’m loving the Championship and NDL…just think they might be tempted to try and move up next year and can’t see it being blocked now! 

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

No lewy tonight 

• Haha 1