British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TTT

SCB's excuse for Artem Laguta

8 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

This wouldn't happen to be the same Kings Lynn Stars, who in 2010 faked an electrical problem that couldn't be fixed for at least 4 days whilst the appropriate electrician was found, and what a shame it was that the meeting that their injury ravaged team was due to have against an all-conquering Birmingham Brummies team would need to be postponed until later in the year when the injured riders were all fit again, would it?

Once a cheat, always a cheat.

It was 2009

And it was bulbs in the floodlights

And Lynn weren't injury ravaged (bar a knock or two) but badly out of form

Other than that you're spot on  :D (especially the last bit) 

The highlight of that season though was the Muppets theme tune on parade :D

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 1 valve said:

The 7 day ban is quite rightly a statutory rule, rather than one applied arbitrarily. So a rider suffering a none speedway injury/illness has seven days for the problem to go away which in many cases it does.

In the case of the none speedway injury/illness lasting longer than the first 7 days then the period would be extended in 7 day increments 

Making the rule a statutory 28 day ban would (unnecessarily)  prevent riders who have fully recovered in (say) 5 days from riding for a further 3 weeks. 

8 hours ago, mikebv said:

Indeed it would...

But...

It would also bring great integrity, and that is something that all the umbrella associations of all sports should pride themselves on having, in both the eyes of fans,  media, sponsors and competitors...

And something that speedway, in the UK at least, struggles so badly in attaining that so vitally important reputation...

Didn't a rider recently serve a several month ban "from all Speedway" when there actually wasn't any?  

When so many on here predict so accurately what will happen, time and time and time again, it becomes beyond parody....

And that is not a good look for a governing body of anything. ..

Lets say a rider misses a match because his wife goes into labour or his mother or father died, does he get a 7 day ban? Would that then become a 28 day ban? Don't think anyone would call that showing "integrity"

The problem with trying to make sure there are no "suspicious" illnesses by giving a 28 day ban, mean riders with "genuine" illnesses miss out.

Edited by szkocjasid

So, now we've established that rider's, regardless of reason, gets banned for 7 days for none Speedway related injuries, why don't they say: "I dropped my bike on my leg whilst packing the van? Make everything Speedway related." Can't ride today because whilst I was loading my bike in the van it rolled back over my fingers" etc etc.

No need to ever ride at your worst track again. 

Every loophole that gets closed, there's always another. 

45 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

So, now we've established that rider's, regardless of reason, gets banned for 7 days for none Speedway related injuries, why don't they say: "I dropped my bike on my leg whilst packing the van? Make everything Speedway related." Can't ride today because whilst I was loading my bike in the van it rolled back over my fingers" etc etc.

If you had something to eat at a Speedway stadium, whilst riding for Wroclaw, and got food poisoning...

Is that still a non Speedway related illness?  ..:D

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Robert Lambert did that 

When he got injured here the other week I thought then that could be it for him .I wonder if his polish team have had a word with him letting him know where his priorities should be.Have seen it somewhere Woffinden has said when signing a contract over there they dictate most things. more or less taking over your racing life what you can and can’t do your sponsorship etc.

Just now, r8gdp said:

When he got injured here the other week I thought then that could be it for him .I wonder if his polish team have had a word with him letting him know where his priorities should be.Have seen it somewhere Woffinden has said when signing a contract over there they dictate most things. more or less taking over your racing life what you can and can’t do your sponsorship etc.

Nicki P mentioned a few years ago that his contract stated that missing Polish meetings through having accidents riding in other leagues would mean a default in the contract on his part..

Resulting in no money being paid whilst out, and possibly having to pay back some or all of his signing on fee...

They pay the (very) big bucks, so, quite rightly, call the tune...

Interesting that when the GP started, many of the UK Promoters were not pleased that this new enterprise were using, in the main, "their riders"..

Regardless of their nationality...

I presume the Polish Promoters sees everyone who rides for them nowadays as "their riders", regardless of nationality..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Robert Lambert did that 

Yep, toolbox on his head !

Always a good one to keep in the locker (or on the shelf) 

21 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Nicki P mentioned a few years ago that his contract stated that missing Polish meetings through having accidents riding in other leagues would mean a default in the contract on his part..

Resulting in no money being paid whilst out, and possibly having to pay back some or all of his signing on fee...

They pay the (very) big bucks, so, quite rightly, call the tune...

Interesting that when the GP started, many of the UK Promoters were not pleased that this new enterprise were using, in the main, "their riders"..

Regardless of their nationality...

I presume the Polish Promoters sees everyone who rides for them nowadays as "their riders", regardless of nationality..

Correct

17 hours ago, iainb said:

Because watching 4 riders race around an oval dirt track on 500cc machines with no brakes still gets me fizzing :)

And some tracks can’t even get that part right 

11 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

They would not know the truth if it slapped them in the face. They are a deceitful bunch who think it is OK to mislead all and sundry. Why don’t they just stop wasting everyone’s time by closing down the tracks that have no chance of surviving and let those left plough there own furrow. Some clubs are run/managed by decent folk but far too many are run by renegades who have no morals and literally take the p.. out of every punter who passes through the turnstiles. The sooner the punter makes a stand the sooner the mess will be sorted. As long as you keep turning up those in charge will do nothing but take your cash. Time to make a stand.

I think a lot of fans have already made a stand by not attending anymore 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Lets say a rider misses a match because his wife goes into labour or his mother or father died, does he get a 7 day ban? Would that then become a 28 day ban? Don't think anyone would call that showing "integrity"

The problem with trying to make sure there are no "suspicious" illnesses by giving a 28 day ban, mean riders with "genuine" illnesses miss out.

Usually covered by a special dispensation , for which there is no 'cooling off' period.

Maybe Artem is in a polygamous relationship and he could have a 'wife' go into labour every time Lynn ride away?

So, what was the REAL (supposed?) reason for Lagutas absence? According to the Polish Press, on the fimspeedway.com web site, the reason that Kings Lynn gave was an ankle injury. But on the SCB statement it's given as food poisoning.  The fimspeedway.com site appeared to be down when I tried to see for myself, but here's the reference to the Polish site that points you to it.
https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/1067867/artiom-laguta-zawieszony-podpadl-wladzom-ligi

Interesting that the Wolves web site's match preview posted on the Sunday before the meeting has Chris Harris in the KL team. Chris van Straaten obviously has amazing crystal balls to predict that, hasn't he? Sad though that the lie about Lagutas absence is compounded by those lies about the programme being printed on the Monday morning. 

And as ever with these characters, it's all in the best interests of British Speedway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

If you’re going to lie, you have to be good at it - Kings Lynn/Buster either isn’t good at it or he literally gives that little care nowadays that even he can’t be bothered to lie properly. All the Kings Lynn socials and website said that Artem was injured and now we find out it’s food poisoning. It really is laughable.

• Like 2

At least the SCB have confirmed their disregard of the supporters, as if we needed any proof.

• Like 1