British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Glasgow 23/8/23 Championship

42 minutes ago, lbw said:

Consider yourself reported to a mod.

Oh dear, how will I sleep tonight knowing that?

I honestly cant work out if your just pretending to be stupid or you really are just a seriously retarded freak who acts about 5 years of age?

• Sad 1

To be fair Poole & Oxford are the best 2 teams in the league so yous can all argue about whatever... But they will be facing eachother in the playoffs final imo &after they respectively demolish Redcar & probably Glasgow or scunny will finish in the play off positions 

51 minutes ago, Gavan said:

This thread alone shows what a complete bunch of numbskulls Poole fans are 

Despised in the top league and now the lower league fans have to put up with the freak show 

Shovlar the troll … Lisa who feels the need to infect every thread … Starman who is just thick and this lbw who seems about 11 lol

Funniest part is Shovlar being unable to realise a rider can only have 7 rides and failing to count…. Then again that part of the country isn’t known for intelligence 

Come on Glasgow Oxford or Redcar you have to stop them winning or these clowns won’t let it lie 

Don't label all Poole fans as numbskulls I certainly aint one.Supported Poole all my life just because they win a lot of trophies makes people envious.I would love to have all teams equal and all having a chance of winning the league but that ain't possible I wish it was.How lop sided this league has been this year 4 teams cast adrift that's no good for the long term speedway.No clowns at Wimborne Road if all clubs had owners like the Ford's how exciting the league would be just remind me when did Ipswich win a league title yes 1998.The way teams are folding with Peterborough and Wolverhampton closing we'll be lucky to have a league next year let's hope we have and as for digging people out like you have and I don't know you and you may be a nice person just remember and I may be wrong but didn't Starman has some serious health issues be lucky you don't walk in their shoes or maybe you have 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Give us peace! 

You've obviously no clue about speedway or your in denial...Glasgow are poor at reserve if you don't know this your thick as mud pal ...you give me peace you don't win anything with 2 poor reserves & don't say they are good don't lie 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

Even if Glasgow beat Oxford by ten points the Cheetahs will pick up the bonus and remain above the Tigers on race points. Then Glasgow would need to record bigger wins AT Redcar /Scunny than Oxford get from two relatively easy home fixtures.

You know glasgow can beat Oxford at home & get the bonus that's allowed yes ...

• Haha 1

Someone mentioned the "wrath of the Grandstand" and Vissing?

Would that be the Grandstand full of foul mouth unwelcoming 70+ men and women who welcome Away Supporters who just happen to sit in an UNRESERVED empty Seat who arrive a good 30 mins after you have innocently sat down with..

"Get out of my ******* seat"

"I'll get the Steward to smack your face"

"**** off back to the Midlands you Brummie ***t

Who spit at you, shout at you, make the whole experience of visiting Poole Speedway an absolute nightmare. Bullying and intimidation, par excellence.

Having travelled to many of the most unwelcoming football grounds in the UK and some in Europe, hand on heart, the vitriol and abuse directed at anyone not part of the gereatric disgusting cabal that meet and hunt there is perfectly summed up by some of the same dished out to anyone who dares challenging the bullying trolls who frequent this forum.

Contrast that with almost every other Track in the UK where you can have fun banter, receive a warm welcome and actually feel valued and want to go back!

I'll await the usual suspension as one of the Poole trolls contacts the mods.....frankly do I give a s*** .....er nope!

• Like 3

Wow the vitriol on here has sunk to a new low!!

Anyway it was great to see Darcy Ward and family getting involved again with the evening's entertainment to the loud applause of a large crowd.

I hope young Pijper is OK. It took the medical team some time to ensure he was all right! I was however more than a little surprised that the team manager didn't go across to him on the track. In fact only one Glasgow rider came out to him and that was to retrieve his bike!

Anyway, I'm all for a bit of fan banter on any thread but let's keep it reasonably polite and about the topic rather than the posters.

COYP.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Barabas said:

You know glasgow can beat Oxford at home & get the bonus that's allowed yes ...

Yes of course I know that. But that was not the point of my response. I was seeking to demonstrate the fallaciousness of SS's statement.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barabas said:

You've obviously no clue about speedway or your in denial...Glasgow are poor at reserve if you don't know this your thick as mud pal ...you give me peace you don't win anything with 2 poor reserves & don't say they are good don't lie 

As I said before "give us peace!" It's like listening to a very old jukebox that's only got one record and it's even cracked.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Sad to read of another incident  witha spectator requiring medical attention. This seems to be more common now than ever...... I do hope the person involved is OK.

They might have had to listen to arthur and lbw for a few minutes, 30 min in the sick bay would be far better than that .

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Someone mentioned the "wrath of the Grandstand" and Vissing?

Would that be the Grandstand full of foul mouth unwelcoming 70+ men and women who welcome Away Supporters who just happen to sit in an UNRESERVED empty Seat who arrive a good 30 mins after you have innocently sat down with..

"Get out of my ******* seat"

"I'll get the Steward to smack your face"

"**** off back to the Midlands you Brummie ***t

Who spit at you, shout at you, make the whole experience of visiting Poole Speedway an absolute nightmare. Bullying and intimidation, par excellence.

Having travelled to many of the most unwelcoming football grounds in the UK and some in Europe, hand on heart, the vitriol and abuse directed at anyone not part of the gereatric disgusting cabal that meet and hunt there is perfectly summed up by some of the same dished out to anyone who dares challenging the bullying trolls who frequent this forum.

Contrast that with almost every other Track in the UK where you can have fun banter, receive a warm welcome and actually feel valued and want to go back!

I'll await the usual suspension as one of the Poole trolls contacts the mods.....frankly do I give a s*** .....er nope!

I've been going to Poole for the best part of 30 years, I've never seen anything like that I sit in the grandstand plenty of families and people of all ages around enjoying there evening, I've been to most tracks around the country and don't find Poole fans any different to all the other teams fans. There are might be 1 or 2 incidents that happen but it happens everywhere. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Anyway , getting away from all the nastiness for a moment . Poole are the best team in the league , that isn't in doubt , year after year they get the team building just about right . So to score 37 points on the best team in the league's home track is nothing to be ashamed of . We are what we are , probably the third best team in the league,  which I can live with . If we do get permission to use old Paddy Wobblytoe to replace Marcin , then who knows how interesting that might make the play offs . But as things stand at the moment , you can't see past Poole winning everything again . 

Right back to the name-calling again 

• Like 7

Looking at these arguments from a neutral point of view, Glasgow fans seem pretty quick to make quips about some of the Poole fans' intelligence, yet they are the ones that keep biting at the Poole fans' comments. Surely it's obvious they are only doing it to annoy Glasgow? Come on, ignore it and move on and the forum will soon become a much happier place.

That said, some of the stuff from the likes of Pinny is just deplorable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Looking at these arguments from a neutral point of view, Glasgow fans seem pretty quick to make quips about some of the Poole fans' intelligence, yet they are the ones that keep biting at the Poole fans' comments. Surely it's obvious they are only doing it to annoy Glasgow? Come on, ignore it and move on and the forum will soon become a much happier place.

That said, some of the stuff from the likes of Pinny is just deplorable. 

Must of it is banter (well is from me - unless they start attacking me and have to defend myself) Shame they can't take it without responding to name calling. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Must of it is banter (well is from me - unless they start attacking me and have to defend myself) Shame they can't take it without responding to name calling. 

IGNORE