British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Championship Pairs - Sep 1st

10 hours ago, iainb said:

And trying to win a wild card to Cardiff being run on the same night as his longtrack round... what was all that about?

Who said he was after the Wild Card? Surely another British Champion title was uppermost in his thoughts. He would then have declined the Wild Card.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Who said he was after the Wild Card? Surely another British Champion title was uppermost in his thoughts. He would then have declined the Wild Card.

Exactly. I  can't believe iainb has basically criticised Chris for trying to win.

• Like 1

Congrats to the tiggers only team to ride as a pair especially in the final ,

cammie knickers now has a job this week to clear the spiders and dust out of the trophy cupboard :rolleyes:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Neila said:

Congrats to the tiggers only team to ride as a pair especially in the final ,

cammie knickers now has a job this week to clear the spiders and dust out of the trophy cupboard :rolleyes:

That's why he wasn't there, we had him getting it ready :D

• Like 2

Pairs been a staple for Glasgow over relatively recent years. 4th time I can think of that we've won it. Shane and Geo, Shane and Danny bird, screeny and I want to say grievesy? Even in the doldrums had a habit of doing well in the pairs. 

Can't believe forgot cookie and rasser won it too :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Jaizer

30 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Exactly. I  can't believe iainb has basically criticised Chris for trying to win.

please stop putting words in my mouth, it's not what I have said at all

Congratulations to Glasgow on their win.

Just like the CLRC at Redcar a few days ago its sad to see riders either pulling out or just not wanting to race in the first place, you would think that riders would do everything possible to represent their club and the fans of that club who support them through the season.

Alas it appears not.

As for the antics from Troy Batchelor, I`m surprised anyone is surprised anymore.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I wonder if batch would have been pulling wheelies at the back if Stewart Dickson had been present ??? 
and if so what Stewart’s reaction have been when he returned to the pits. 
Both Batch and Craig cook need to decide if they want to continue riding speedway then they either give it everything or give up.  This half hearted efforts do them or the promotions no good at all. 

Batch shouldn’t be given that option in my opinion - total lack of respect for he event, the paying public and the race jacket of the team he was representing.

Edited by kitten2502
highlighted my reference point.

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Pairs been a staple for Glasgow over relatively recent years. 4th time I can think of that we've won it. Shane and Geo, Shane and Danny bird, screeny and I want to say grievesy? Even in the doldrums had a habit of doing well in the pairs. 

Indeed it was Joe Screen and James Grieves in 2011.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Great pairing, that!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kitten2502 said:

Batch shouldn’t be given that option in my opinion - total lack of respect for he event, the paying public and the race jacket of the team he was representing.

If I was the Birmingham owner I'd have sacked him on the spot. Stuff the league position, he was totally out of order. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

If I was the Birmingham owner I'd have sacked him on the spot. Stuff the league position, he was totally out of order. 

I said exactly the same at the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Unfortunately he has history off throwing in the towel during a meeting or doesn’t make the gate.Binning him wouldn’t do the Brummies any harm given their predicament now.Poor show especially with the cameras there.

Don't think Brum can sack Batch? As you are not allowed to sign anyone anymore, so wouldn't even get a facility?