British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, eric i said:

Surely the rounding up comes after 2.5% is deducted, i.e round up 2.925 so it will be 2.93.

Scunny have put 2.92 on their press release if that helps.

7 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

What figures do you get for it to be over the points limit ?

7 hours ago, Marksman said:

It’ll be 38 exactly I think

Ablitt 2.92

Howarth 7.76

Mountain 5.28

?

I hadn't given Ablitt a reduction, thinking there's a rule that once you've gone above 3.00 you can't drop below it?

This rule was ignored for Kyle Bickley who was allowed to drop below 3.00 bit bit for the likes of Roynon or William Lawson over the last 2/3 seasons. It's hard to know the rules when they aren't consistently adhered to!

Maybe as it's exactly 3.00, he can drop below it - my understanding is fractions are rounded up so 2.93.

5 hours ago, eric i said:

Surely the rounding up comes after 2.5% is deducted, i.e round up 2.925 so it will be 2.93.

Gilkes and MPT next week.

Surely wouldn’t be rounded up unless it was 2.926 if my memory serves me…….?

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I hadn't given Ablitt a reduction, thinking there's a rule that once you've gone above 3.00 you can't drop below it?

This rule was ignored for Kyle Bickley who was allowed to drop below 3.00 bit bit for the likes of Roynon or William Lawson over the last 2/3 seasons. It's hard to know the rules when they aren't consistently adhered to!

Maybe as it's exactly 3.00, he can drop below it - my understanding is fractions are rounded up so 2.93.

Suppose the average we are referring to is for team building purposes and not that actual average hence being allowed to go below 3.00 again.

On the scunny website it’s 2.92 so would expect that to be right 

Edited by Ryan555

16 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Suppose the average we are referring to is for team building purposes and not that actual average hence being allowed to go below 3.00 again.

On the scunny website it’s 2.92 so would expect that to be right 

If Nathan's real 3.00 average is actually a rounded-up 2.99 then the 2.5% reduction makes 2.92 correct.

Get an abacus quickly lol

It looks like a familiar Scunthorpe team again!

Tbf knowing Douglas was leaving it was a massive hole for Scunny to fill. I think by signing Howarth they have actually found a very good replacement. He knows the track and the set up and has shown at Sheffield that he’s not phased by having the number 1 on his back. Which before Dougie, it always felt like Auty rode worse at number 1 than number 5. 

The reserves obviously look weaker than last year, but so do nearly every other team’s. Ablitt is always a trier at EWR and was pretty good to watch so after most of the season there he should hopefully be fine with an entire season as the more senior reserve. Especially getting more EWR races in the NL. Then Harrison is a cracking prospect. Hopefully no pressure on him and he’s guaranteed a place for the whole season, knowing that he’s got the ability to pick up some points every now and again. 

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 1

MPT and Mountain complete the side for 2024 then.

no Zaine Kennedy!

• Sad 1

On 12/24/2023 at 11:56 AM, Islander15 said:

It looks like a familiar Scunthorpe team again!

Tbf knowing Douglas was leaving it was a massive hole for Scunny to fill. I think by signing Howarth they have actually found a very good replacement. He knows the track and the set up and has shown at Sheffield that he’s not phased by having the number 1 on his back. Which before Dougie, it always felt like Auty rode worse at number 1 than number 5. 

The reserves obviously look weaker than last year, but so do nearly every other team’s. Ablitt is always a trier at EWR and was pretty good to watch so after most of the season there he should hopefully be fine with an entire season as the more senior reserve. Especially getting more EWR races in the NL. Then Harrison is a cracking prospect. Hopefully no pressure on him and he’s guaranteed a place for the whole season, knowing that he’s got the ability to pick up some points every now and again. 

Looks a poor team.MPT was poor last season and Howarth is not a good number one.

Granted, not the strongest line up..... It's gonna need some riders to up their game, that's for sure.  With no Dougie, it just looks like a Scorpions team of yesteryear... But that's what we got, we'll support them whatever...  Up the Scorps.

• Like 1

Good team ,hard to replace Dougy with the season he had, but 24 scorpions looking solid throughout ,they will be up there again no doubt

• Like 1

I think it’s a very good team within the points limit, I think strength in depth is the way to go this year, unlike some teams who have 3 or 4 strong riders if one of them have a bad night there in trouble. 

• Like 2

I’m personally happy with that team it will take a very good team to beat that top 5 round the EWR you’ve got to think Ablitt and Harrison will progress and improve their average as well

• Like 1

Solid looking team imo, granted Kyle isn’t the out and out number one we’ve got used too over the past couple of years, but in a much weakened league we’ve got 4 potential number ones imo in Kyle, Jake, Tofty and Lambo..

Connor can put a point or two on his average this season imo and I genuinely think Ablitt could prove to be the best reserve in the league

As for Luke, we all know there’s no pressure on him and will be solid at home, he’s in a team this year where he’ll settle in nicely

Solid 1-7 for me, can see us in the playoffs if all goes well