British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Glasgow Championship Final 2nd Leg 11/10/23

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I’ll stick my neck out and going for Glasgow to hold on and win overall.

Definatley squeaky bum time in Dorset. Hope it's a good meeting, Good Luck to the Tigers.

Tough gig being a neutral on this one.

Is it ..............

"Come on Weegies - get the title back to Scotland."

or

"Come on Pirates - keep the Weegies' trophy cabinet empty."

This fence is full of splinters!

Reckon Complin could surprise a few tonight - could get half a dozen points.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Tough gig being a neutral on this one.

Is it ..............

"Come on Weegies - get the title back to Scotland."

or

"Come on Pirates - keep the Weegies' trophy cabinet empty."

This fence is full of splinters!

Reckon Complin could surprise a few tonight - could get half a dozen points.

Complin definitely riding well so could surprise , not sure Ace will trouble the scorers and hope Cami Brown makes a howler which is is capable of doing!

1 hour ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

If I’m Cami Brown, I’m printing this and sticking it up around the Glasgow pits area tonight.

CDC4-AFC5-4-FDC-4-AB7-B8-AE-DFED789815-F

Steve Worrall’s comments, FYI.

Nothing that any fan hasn't already said! Hardly controversial. 

52 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Surely Glasgow can pull this off!

If Scunthorpe can get a draw, then I can't see why Glasgow can't hold on.....

Basso/Harris/ will do the damage!

Scunny riders are good at Poole though, plus they gated all night long, Glasgow have to do that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like pooles chances, track will be slick as hell coz of the  fc and i think pooles reserves will stuff complin at home .

I know glasgow are a better side than before but theyve been shocking so far at poole and its gotta concern them.

Tigers cant have 2 or 3 riders below par like previous visits .

14 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

I like pooles chances, track will be slick as hell coz of the  fc and i think pooles reserves will stuff complin at home .

I know glasgow are a better side than before but theyve been shocking so far at poole and its gotta concern them.

I think all of Glasgows riders will be up for it and give their best. But Pirates riders just have to be even better.

While Poole are used to big home scores, I can see this being very close and going to a super heat.

16 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

For me everything depends on Tarasenko.Nowak got zero the their last visit.Think his replacement will do better!!

32 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Nothing that any fan hasn't already said! Hardly controversial. 

Scunny riders are good at Poole though, plus they gated all night long, Glasgow have to do that. 

I’m not saying it’s controversial, but a fan making that statement is entirely different from an opponent doing so.

If I’m Tarasenko, I’m wondering why a Poole rider is speaking about me to the media, especially Worrall’s suggestion that his unfamiliarity with Wimborne Road might be a weakness for Glasgow. It doesn’t have to be controversial to motivate someone.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think all of Glasgows riders will be up for it and give their best. But Pirates riders just have to be even better.

Much like Poole did on Monday our last visit to WR I think we were level or just up over the last 7/8 heats. It's hard to say how much or that was Poole having it won and protecting averages or genuine improvement. As you say they talks all been good seem fired up but we just do not go the track

4 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I’m not saying it’s controversial, but a fan making that statement is entirely different from an opponent doing so.

If I’m Tarasenko, I’m wondering why a Poole rider is speaking about me to the media, especially Worrall’s suggestion that his unfamiliarity with Wimborne Road might be a weakness for Glasgow. It doesn’t have to be controversial to motivate someone.

I'm sure every morning Tarasenko wakes up and the first thing he thinks is "what is the Bournnemouth Echo saying today"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's really very simple and a good Team Manager would stress it. 

Every 3 - 3 is a step to victory. 

If you can't win a race don't finish last 

If you get a lead just ride to win the race no messing about. 

If you're tailed off keep going you never know what will haoown

If one of the opposition is miles in front don't chase him, hold back and ride tactically to get your team mate in to a 3 3 position 

Use any gate advantage to your advantage e. g Ace may not get a point but if he can be a mobile chicane for a few laps he can help the team. 

Cliche I know but one race at a time 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I'm sure every morning Tarasenko wakes up and the first thing he thinks is "what is the Bournnemouth Echo saying today"

Might even have to get it translated.!!!!