British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Paul Johnson said:

not sure but was told on way to redcar that he was out and had been ringing around for teams spots

I’d be surprised if Garritty was out yet. He was arrested in April 2020 sentenced to 7 and a half years in October 2020. Assuming he was remanded in custody in the April and his sentence is deemed to start from arrest rather than conviction, the best he can hope for is a release after serving half his sentence, so that would be 3 years and 9 months which would take us to January next year. 
In view of his crimes, I would hope that his licence has been permanently revoked

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I’d be surprised if Garritty was out yet. He was arrested in April 2020 sentenced to 7 and a half years in October 2020. Assuming he was remanded in custody in the April and his sentence is deemed to start from arrest rather than conviction, the best he can hope for is a release after serving half his sentence, so that would be 3 years and 9 months which would take us to January next year. 
In view of his crimes, I would hope that his licence has been permanently revoked

I might be able to solve this confusion, as I was also told a couple of weeks ago by a couple of people that Jason Garrity had been phoning round for a team place.  As I knew it wasn't possible because of where Garrity is currently residing, I asked some questions.   I was told that he was offering to make himself available to a couple of National League teams, which couldn't be right...  after a few further questions, it turned out that the person interested in a team place was actually JASON GARROD!

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

I might be able to solve this confusion, as I was also told a couple of weeks ago by a couple of people that Jason Garrity had been phoning round for a team place.  As I knew it wasn't possible because of where Garrity is currently residing, I asked some questions.   I was told that he was offering to make himself available to a couple of National League teams, which couldn't be right...  after a few further questions, it turned out that the person interested in a team place was actually JASON GARROD!

Now that makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

not sure but was told on way to redcar that he was out and had been ringing around for teams spots

I heard he’s been refused his license back by the SCB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

We gave mark Courtney a 2nd chance when he got released, very different crimes right enough and garritys very hard to forget let alone forgive 

VERY VERY different crimes.

Even if he was available, I would be surprised if anyone wanted to see Garrity back after what he did.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, comet49 said:

He rode well, looked fast. 

Both Hagon (1st) and Ablitt grew up at Eastbourne, such as sad loss to the sport as the club has produced many England internationals over years..

• Like 3

14 hours ago, stevehone said:

see above

You can be disappointed in your own performance and feel you haven't contributed to the overall team effort but to act like a spoilt child and not celebrate his sides victory with the team and the fans was very poor.  He could be a great signing, he has the ability to score a lot of points in this league.

• Like 1

Good signing in Drew Kemp, I've only been asking for him since November. Rob eventually listens and gets the right message.:D

10 grand sign on fee for Kemp? Not worth ten quid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Pinny said:

If Cleggy had been given 10grand he might have scored a few more points too

18 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

I heard he’s been refused his license back by the SCB.

Did he reply, "Bloody NORA" ;)

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

If Cleggy had been given 10grand he might have scored a few more points too

Or retired

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

I doubt Godfrey will have actually ended up paying him 10k signing on fee 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

I doubt Godfrey will have actually ended up paying him 10k signing on fee 

Will see by what bikes he turns up with at the first meeting? Lets face it Godfather ain't really making good decisions thus far..... 

Godfrey has always stuck to his beliefs in that .....  "if you want to ride for Scunthorpe, this is what I pay & on time". This is why, I feel that, when we have guests they ride for us & not race for us.

I can not remember who said that Drew had asked for a 10k signing on fee or 2 bikes but Rob would not do that, never mind how desperate he is.

• Like 1