British Speedway Forum
Monarchs2468

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

20 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

I’ve always thought you were a bit of a cöck

But I’ve realised actually you’re a lot of a cöck. 

Stupid sad little c**t i reckon Jon! 

It was a really exciting meeting. Some great racing. And we nearly did it.
Analyse the arse of it if you will, but we gave the Poles a really good run for their money on their home turf. And we eclipsed the Danes and the Ozzies.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Actually we can. Ellis & Brennan didn't end up being the problem. Our experienced GP rider's let us down. Cannot be applauded whatsoever :mad:

Utter rubbish  !!!

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Fantastic meeting every rider had their moments.No complaints from me. Bartosz is the best rider in the World as tonight proved,fearless and sheer class.

Spot on

A fantastic nights Speedway..

Let's be honest...

If GB had won it would make sod all difference to GB speedway as those who run it are clueless in promoting the achievement. .

So let's just celebrate the fact we have 3 World Class riders....

• Like 4

Bloody superb night of speedway, decided in last heat. Great advert for the sport. Well done the Brits, and Jensen and Lambert riders of the night. Extraordinary World Cup Final.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nw42 said:

With who? Bewley was limited to 6 rides as reserve.  Maybe I'm wrong but surely they couldn't just take Tom out and put Adam in, unless 6points down.

I didn't keep a score card but presumably there was a round of races where Tom rode and Adam was replaced, which could have been switched?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nw42 said:

With who? Bewley was limited to 6 rides as reserve.  Maybe I'm wrong but surely they couldn't just take Tom out and put Adam in, unless 6points down.

Bewley was limited to 5 rides.   Same as everyone else.   (He could only have had a sixth tactical ride if we'd gone 6 behind - again the same as everyone else).

Should have had Brennan as reserve.  Start with Ellis in the first block of 4 races, and then pick between Ellis or Brennan for the subsequent rides.

World Cup final is always a great meeting, the 4TT format is fantastic when you have the top riders giving it everything.

Something needs to be done about the semi finals though...

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Gavan said:

You aren’t allowed to nominate your reserve in the last 4 heats … except for an injury like Holder

Hence no Thomsen for the Dane’s …. Yet

Don’t think that is correct.Kolodziez replaced Dudek for starters.

2 minutes ago, jrs said:

Utter rubbish  !!!

Daniel Smith is becoming more and more like Basso Racing Fan every day,where he always posts to get a reaction from people.Blaming Lambert tonight,that probably stems back from when he rode for Lynn and we know Daniel hates most things Lynn now.Most of his posts you have to laugh at now,although rarely he does post some sensible things.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sully said:

Can’t nominated a reserve. Have to nominate from main team, then replace him with a reserve. 

But they nominated Bewley for heat 17. Rule must be you can't nominate someone twice?

After 3 underwhelming meetings earlier in the week the World Cup delivered tonight. Cracking meeting, with 4 closely matched teams. Great ride by Janowski in the final heat to clinch it - delighted for him.

14 minutes ago, iainb said:

Wow! You have to hand it to MAGIC Janowski tonight, redemption for the SoN in 2021.

Danes did well to come back from a disastrous start

Aussies unlucky with Jack Holder

Brits 1 rider short of an easy victory

Now for Leicester vs Ipswich on Monday :D

Yes magic was fantastic in that last race especially after running a last earlier, strange to put Kolodziej in for Dudek when he hadnt ridden all night. Jack was very unlucky and that was Australia's chances gone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PotteringAround said:

Bewley was limited to 5 rides.   Same as everyone else.   (He could only have had a sixth tactical ride if we'd gone 6 behind - again the same as everyone else).

Should have had Brennan as reserve.  Start with Ellis in the first block of 4 races, and then pick between Ellis or Brennan for the subsequent rides.

I doubt it would have made much difference, they were both always going to be vulnerable, maybe next year one  or the other will have made enough progress to challenge.  No doubting Ellis had the speed in the race he scored 2, likewise Brennan the other night when he came in cold, they just need more experience in the best league.  Riding in Poland has done wonders for Robert Lambert, Bewley seemed to settle in there quickly.

I honestly didn't think we'd take it to the wire tonight, really impressed with how we did, no complaints.

• Like 1