British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Oxford v Swindon Select - Rescheduled April 19

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Oxford's £20-£22 is for anyone 16yrs and above isn't it?!

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Oxford's £20-£22 is for anyone 16yrs and above isn't it?!

Free for any accompanied kids regardless of age what about Poole !

2 minutes ago, Toady said:

Free for any accompanied kids regardless of age what about Poole !

U11's free. Oxford Vs Swindon and everyone arguing about the admission! lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toady said:

Correct but last season you paid in advance so like for like it’s a quid

I can’t believe we are still debating this as it’s pointless you either pay in advance on the day or not at all !

It’s the not  at all you should be worrying about.Oxford was huge success last season with good crowd levels lets hope the levels remain as high.Admission prices is their prerogative though.

No I will not be worrying it, As you say Oxford was a huge success despite not running for 14 years and the crowd was made up of all demographics I hope that those who attended last year still turn up and I don’t really  think £1.00 increase will put them off.

Mystifies me why in 2023 clubs want to have thousands of pounds cash around at the stadium? Security risk surely.

Online ticketing with or without programme  should be available at a small discount up until tapes up, and cash and contactless card facilities available at full price available at the stadium.

Surely most people pay using Apple Pay on their phones nowadays ? Or contactless cards? 

Speedway really needs to smarten up its act to make it easier to buy tickets instead of queueing at the “turnstiles” to handover cash . 

Sounds like £30 to get into Poole for second tier racing ……if you include car parking and prog. ☹️ It’s too much IMHO for what is now only 15 heats of racing. 

Updated Swindon Select team :

Jason Doyle, Anders Rowe, Kyle Howarth, Justin Sedgmen, Adam Ellis, Jack Smith, Sam Hagon.

6 hours ago, 4BM said:

Updated Swindon Select team :

Jason Doyle, Anders Rowe, Kyle Howarth, Justin Sedgmen, Adam Ellis, Jack Smith, Sam Hagon.

Stronger now with Howarth in it imo.

Edited by lisa-colette

Tickets still available, hopefully the weather won't win.

What's the weather like Oxford way, we've rain in Swindon so hopefully it's not on it's way! Anyone know if they covered the track seeing as it's going to be the biggest crown since the reform?

9 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Mystifies me why in 2023 clubs want to have thousands of pounds cash around at the stadium? Security risk surely.

Online ticketing with or without programme  should be available at a small discount up until tapes up, and cash and contactless card facilities available at full price available at the stadium.

Surely most people pay using Apple Pay on their phones nowadays ? Or contactless cards? 

Speedway really needs to smarten up its act to make it easier to buy tickets instead of queueing at the “turnstiles” to handover cash . 

Sounds like £30 to get into Poole for second tier racing ……if you include car parking and prog. ☹️ It’s too much IMHO for what is now only 15 heats of racing. 

I don't have Apple Pay but I'm happy to pay contactless on the door if it's an option. Where I used to work the signal would go down and the system used to crash leaving people no alternative but to pay cash. I don't see why one should have to pay more however on the day?

16 hours ago, Toady said:

Correct but last season you paid in advance so like for like it’s a quid

I can’t believe we are still debating this as it’s pointless you either pay in advance on the day or not at all !

But I'm sure there are quite a few people who bought tickets on the day last season....so it's a £3 increase. I'm certainly one of those people who always paid on the day due to the weather risks. I live over 50 miles away now, so I'm not just going to buy a ticket in advance and hope for the best.

People are debating it because a £3 increase is quite hefty. You must have plenty of disposable income if it doesn't matter to you, but I'm sure there are also plenty of people who haven't and it's a lot of money across a whole season.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 5

Is this meeting being streamed? Wouldn’t mind watching it.

They have track covers down & have done all week, will be now down to the forecast for later.

9 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

But I'm sure there are quite a few people who bought tickets on the day last season....so it's a £3 increase. I'm certainly one of those people who always paid on the day due to the weather risks. I live over 50 miles away now, so I'm not just going to buy a ticket in advance and hope for the best.

People are debating it because a £3 increase is quite hefty. You must have plenty of disposable income if it doesn't matter to you, but I'm sure there are also plenty of people who haven't and it's a lot of money across a whole season.

Last season for a rainoff you got a refund. So I'm sure that will remain the same.

1 minute ago, Triple.H. said:

Last season for a rainoff you got a refund. So I'm sure that will remain the same.

A refund for which you had to go through a lengthy procedure to get. By default it just went to the next meeting, I believe.

Also don't think you got your booking fee back, which is one good thing about this year's pricing.

Edited by Bojangles