British Speedway Forum
Hooky

Sheffield Tigers 2024

Back to back Premiership league titles and Jye Etheridge still doesn’t get into this Sheffield team after his playoff heroics last season. 

#JusticeForJye

1 hour ago, BanditsFan said:

Back to back Premiership league titles and Jye Etheridge still doesn’t get into this Sheffield team after his playoff heroics last season. 

#JusticeForJye

If points limit had of been 41 instead of 40 then Jye would have had the number 6 race jacket at Sheffield

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

Nothing confirmed but I think it’s pretty obvious he will be signing for a team over there 

Not so sure.From what I gather .

So naming the full 1-7 so early let's hope they all come through the 5 Aussie Championship rounds unscathed.

47 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Bit of a shame for Sheffield fans that Tobi isnt back, rather have him than Tai personally

But you are not.

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So naming the full 1-7 so early let's hope they all come through the 5 Aussie Championship rounds unscathed.

Always a risk with Aussies, as you well know as Poole will have at least 2 in their team. 

29 minutes ago, spin king said:

But you are not.

No I am not a Sheffield fan but I like watching Tobi ride, such an exciting rider to watch.

Obviously first and foremost as a fan you want success and wins for your team. But I am very glad to see 2 young brits given the chance to ride with 5 top riders who will pass knowledge on, and it is a positive move for British speedway. 

Woffy and Jack two great showman of the sport, both ride Owlerton so well and most away tracks they will rack up the wins. you wouldn’t fancy us to do so well at Ipswich but the larger tracks yes. 

Josh Pickering the key signing for me, after a bad shoulder injury he got better each month, this is the year I think he will really push on and become that 8 point rider 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hooky said:

Nothing confirmed but I think it’s pretty obvious he will be signing for a team over there 

Maybe you should let him know that and he can stop furiously backpedaling attempting to get a Championship place.

• Haha 1

What do Sheffield fans think about putting Jason at 6 and Dan as the RS? You've all watched both of them ride, is it an obvious choice, 50/50, or is there a tactical advantage?

9 minutes ago, skydog said:

What do Sheffield fans think about putting Jason at 6 and Dan as the RS? You've all watched both of them ride, is it an obvious choice, 50/50, or is there a tactical advantage?

I’d say Edwards seems to have more bottle, whereas Gilkes has a classier style but has much more potential I think. Both on par with each other I think.

50/50 decision for me doesn’t really matter much apart from heat 8’s I guess.

6 hours ago, skydog said:

I think mathematically they had to put JE at 6 and DG as RS to get under the 40 point limit

1 hour ago, StarBoy said:

I think mathematically they had to put JE at 6 and DG as RS to get under the 40 point limit

They would have both been 3.

Gilkes being the better rider is ideal to keep at RS, that way, if he betters his average again you'll get a better benefit from his -25% in future.