British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Oxford Cheetahs 2024

The reserve pair are almost assured to be Killeen & Boughen with the top two of Nicholls & Masters. Then the remaining trio is the area of discussion, I would like to stick with Jenkins for my first choice. Heeps is a spent force he came as a third heat leader but now struggles at reserve Oxford can't afford that, Atkins is a question mark, it must be said he has ridden some good races this past season but is it enough. I would like to look elsewhere & possibly bring some new talent into the UK.  Casper Hendriksen or Daniel Klima For instance goood young riders for the future or riders that have British experience Kevin Wolbert or Timo Lahti both had fantastic seasons.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Technik said:

The reserve pair are almost assured to be Killeen & Boughen with the top two of Nicholls & Masters. Then the remaining trio is the area of discussion, I would like to stick with Jenkins for my first choice. Heeps is a spent force he came as a third heat leader but now struggles at reserve Oxford can't afford that, Atkins is a question mark, it must be said he has ridden some good races this past season but is it enough. I would like to look elsewhere & possibly bring some new talent into the UK.  Casper Hendriksen or Daniel Klima For instance goood young riders for the future or riders that have British experience Kevin Wolbert or Timo Lahti both had fantastic seasons.

A Wednesday track will rule out anyone racing in Danish League.

On 11/5/2023 at 6:40 AM, Technik said:

I'd agree with that, Heeps was at best hit and miss this season yes he pulled a few vital points out of the bag but that only made up for all the 0's or 1's he'd managed at other meetings we can't keep baby sitting him

I'd like to see Jordan back he gave nothing but his all on and off the track this season

Tolley's last update (in last week's speedway star) said he hadn't heard from the stadium

Until he does there's nothing to say, he can't force them to arrange a meeting

Just had a message off a mate saying Scott Nicholls in a BBC Radio Oxford interview tonight said that he's riding for Oxford next season.

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Just had a message off a mate saying Scott Nicholls in a BBC Radio Oxford interview tonight said that he's riding for Oxford next season.

Let the Cheetah out the bag, did he?…..lol

Could Oxford be racing in both prem and champ next season. 

that’s the plan, big week ahead 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

One thing championship and NDL but Prem and CL ! 

I would have thought the costs would be too prohibitive plus getting the fans to attend in numbers twice a week is a big ask but who knows ?

42 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Sums up the state the sport is in.

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Had heard this, would be incredibly brave but if the second division team is packed with chargers it could work. Would mean weekly speedway which is what we used to have in the 'good old' days. Of course the million dollar question is can they get enough through the door every week but if they take the plunge I wish them luck. 

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

You obviously have very good contacts 

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

One thing championship and NDL but Prem and CL ! 

I would have thought the costs would be too prohibitive plus getting the fans to attend in numbers twice a week is a big ask but who knows ?

Let's hope it doesn't hurt them financially. But guess they would have costed it out. Shame they can't do one of the teams under Swindon and get Rosco to TM it. 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Let's hope it doesn't hurt them financially. But guess they would have costed it out. Shame they can't do one of the teams under Swindon and get Rosco to TM it. 

Why would they even consider that. Stupid suggestion. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lewy said:

Why would they even consider that. Stupid suggestion. 

Cos it keeps a speedway club alive until they can sort things for themselves. Oxford don't need two teams, Swindon need one.