cowboy cookie returns? Posted 2 hours ago Report Share Posted 2 hours ago On 10/3/2026 at 8:18 AM, PhilTheAce said: When we beat you in the semi final at your place, the cameras shown alot of your fans leaving the stadium at heat 14. I out on my belle vue Facebook group that you seen the aces now f off home. A little joke, and the response from people was wild saying this is not football. That that attitude elsewhere we dont need this in speedway. Well yes, yes we do need this. It needs to become tribal. Ive always said get rid of the family sport image because end of the day its bikes with no brakes, with riders risking there life every single heat. Thats extreme. And should be sold as an extreme sport. I said to one speedway club owner. I wont name sorry, we need to bring in betting firms on race nights. More people will come if you can bet on races at the track. And his response was we dont want that type of people at speedway. Crazy Bring tribalism back Totally agree you need some needle & wind up between the supporters. personally I’m not so sure on the betting at the stadium but I’m with you on needing to get ot tribal. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cowboy cookie returns? Posted 2 hours ago Report Share Posted 2 hours ago On 10/3/2026 at 8:18 AM, PhilTheAce said: When we beat you in the semi final at your place, the cameras shown alot of your fans leaving the stadium at heat 14. I out on my belle vue Facebook group that you seen the aces now f off home. A little joke, and the response from people was wild saying this is not football. That that attitude elsewhere we dont need this in speedway. Well yes, yes we do need this. It needs to become tribal. Ive always said get rid of the family sport image because end of the day its bikes with no brakes, with riders risking there life every single heat. Thats extreme. And should be sold as an extreme sport. I said to one speedway club owner. I wont name sorry, we need to bring in betting firms on race nights. More people will come if you can bet on races at the track. And his response was we dont want that type of people at speedway. Crazy Bring tribalism back Totally agree you need some needle & wind up between the supporters. personally I’m not so sure on the betting at the stadium but I’m with you on needing to get ot tribal. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TTT Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago 55 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said: Totally agree you need some needle & wind up between the supporters. personally I’m not so sure on the betting at the stadium but I’m with you on needing to get ot tribal. People are too woke to handle a bit of banter, needle and wind up these days. Hence why Comedians aren't allowed to speak the truth during their gigs anymore. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Arthur73 Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago 15 hours ago, Hawk127 said: Anyone who has access to Facebook take a look at Ipswich stadium and it is packed to the gunnels. Crowds that speedway can only dream of but hopefully a GP at Ipswich and let’s hope BelleVue can stage one and generate a good deal of interest for the sport in the UK. Until then take a look at tonight’s match in Poland to remember/realise how good it can be. Stream Motorsports I went to the banger world final last night. Despite the large crowd there was a huge amount of waiting around for crashed cars to be cleared. However, the presentation made it feel like this was a proper event, it mattered. Even though it is a bunch of amateurs and the luckiest one who wins. The build up to the world final was impressive and the Witches need to do something similar for the start of their meetings imo. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mikebv Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago (edited) 7 minutes ago, Arthur73 said: I went to the banger world final last night. Despite the large crowd there was a huge amount of waiting around for crashed cars to be cleared. However, the presentation made it feel like this was a proper event, it mattered. Even though it is a bunch of amateurs and the luckiest one who wins. The build up to the world final was impressive and the Witches need to do something similar for the start of their meetings imo. The key words being "proper event".... Not something more akin to a social gathering, and that includes many of the riders too... Edited 1 hour ago by mikebv Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mikebv Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago 1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said: Totally agree you need some needle & wind up between the supporters. personally I’m not so sure on the betting at the stadium but I’m with you on needing to get ot tribal. You need away fans there in decent numbers to make it happen... Something promoters don't seem to appreciate.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TTT Posted 51 minutes ago Report Share Posted 51 minutes ago 24 minutes ago, mikebv said: You need away fans there in decent numbers to make it happen... Something promoters don't seem to appreciate.. Never going to happen tbh, Promoters can barely get Home fans to turn up regularly let alone Away fans. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.