Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2027


Happy Hunter

Recommended Posts

Firstly best of luck to Plymouth, really hope they can come to the tapes in 2027 as we can ill afford to lose any more teams, particularly in the South.

However I do have a genuine question, why have they waited so long to start and appeal as they appear to be up against it now with only 3-4 weeks to raise the money by the deadline. Have they only just found out they needed to replace the fence? Only asking as if they’d had the whole season to request donations then I’d have been happy to chip in monthly for example.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Marky_Mark said:

Firstly best of luck to Plymouth, really hope they can come to the tapes in 2027 as we can ill afford to lose any more teams, particularly in the South.

However I do have a genuine question, why have they waited so long to start and appeal as they appear to be up against it now with only 3-4 weeks to raise the money by the deadline. Have they only just found out they needed to replace the fence? Only asking as if they’d had the whole season to request donations then I’d have been happy to chip in monthly for example.

Is it REALLY a Top priority shelf life might be near end but surely there could be a bit of leeway in these situations Although Plymouth must have known about earlier surely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Is it REALLY a Top priority shelf life might be near end but surely there could be a bit of leeway in these situations Although Plymouth must have known about earlier surely.

I think that  BSPL insist that the air fence is no more than 10 years old, worky had to get a new air fence as the old one ex scunny was out of date, but I think in this financial climate the fence should have an MOT type test done every season, and clubs could get a couple more years out of them. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Per the Regs

 

All APD's used in British Speedway must have been previously and/or 

currently Homologated by the FIM.

Replacement Inflatable APD's must be Grade A+.

Inflatable APD’s must be inspected 7 years after installation, thereafter 

annually by the SCB Track Inspectors, to certify that it remains fit for 

purpose up to a maximum of 10 years.

Non-inflatable APD’s will be inspected during the 3 yearly Homologation inspection 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chef1 said:

If the points limit stays the same, what do we think Plymouth line up will be??

Find Riding Gear

 

 

Not sure there's a correct answer. Many will be on the fence before suggesting a 1-7!😂

(Sorry, couldn't resist. I hope the Glads get what they need for 2027.)

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/8/2026 at 10:00 PM, Marky_Mark said:

Firstly best of luck to Plymouth, really hope they can come to the tapes in 2027 as we can ill afford to lose any more teams, particularly in the South.

Read Sports News

 

However I do have a genuine question, why have they waited so long to start and appeal as they appear to be up against it now with only 3-4 weeks to raise the money by the deadline. Have they only just found out they needed to replace the fence? Only asking as if they’d had the whole season to request donations then I’d have been happy to chip in monthly for example.

I thought exactly the same thing.

When they first got air fences, clubs raced challenge matches against each other, riders racing for expenses only to help raise money for the new faces, is that an option?

I also believe the Ben Fund have loaned money to clubs for air fences too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some good out of season publicity for Plymouth...

An air fence fund will keep them in the minds of the people in the town...

Meaning some good interest created for next season..

Best of luck with the fund raising, if I was involved in their marketing I would make it as dramatically close to the season start as is possible before announcing...

"Thank you Plymouth! We have made it!!!"...;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Some good out of season publicity for Plymouth...

An air fence fund will keep them in the minds of the people in the town...

Meaning some good interest created for next season..

Best of luck with the fund raising, if I was involved in their marketing I would make it as dramatically close to the season start as is possible before announcing...

"Thank you Plymouth! We have made it!!!"...;)

Find Riding Gear

 

Yeah that would work well for season ticket sales!?🙃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SteveLyric2 said:

Yeah that would work well for season ticket sales!?🙃

I’m not sure stressing the fans out all winter with them not knowing if they’ll have a team to support is fair either. 
 

We had that uncertainty at Ipswich last winter, wasn’t nice. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Some good out of season publicity for Plymouth...

An air fence fund will keep them in the minds of the people in the town...

Meaning some good interest created for next season..

Best of luck with the fund raising, if I was involved in their marketing I would make it as dramatically close to the season start as is possible before announcing...

"Thank you Plymouth! We have made it!!!"...;)

My understanding is that Plymouth have to raise the £46K by November 3rd. They have to declare they are running by then and they can only do that with certainty if the money has been raised.
For sure, we've all seen exceptions made and clubs given extra time but the deadline is currently in place I believe.

Just checked on progress and a £5000 donation has been made this morning. The total raised is now close to £11K. Why, oh why, didn't Plymouth start this appeal months ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy