British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Edinburgh Vs Poole 4th August

29 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Everyone will be pleased to hear Peter (the photographer) has posted an update to let everyone know his condition thank god it’s not as bad as first feared. 

Hello all. Thought I'd provide a quick update. 
First of all a massive THANK YOU to everyone who took the Time to message and call. I truly felt the love of the Speedway Family and am blessed to be part of it.
I have just come out surgery to close two wounds on my head. All went well. I do have small breaks to my C2 and C3 vertebra and will be in a neck bracelet for about 12 weeks but again everything will be fine.

Great news...

And for no doubt, Craig...

Maybe those who requested refunds can now get them sent to stop them worrying.....?

Bless them....:rolleyes:

Really great to hear he’s on the mend. Relief all round and hopefully Cookie can relax a little more as I bet he’s been on edge to say the least. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whilst the injuries are not as severe as they could have been he must have got a real scare at the time.

Great news he is on the mend, best wishes to him.

Edited by Gazc

Fabulous news he's on the mend, albeit 3+ months. The main thing is he will fully recover. Couldn’t really have hoped for better news.  

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Great news, so pleased for him and his family , very worrying time for them but although a long time for him to heal completely, he will make a full recovery which is fantastic news.

• Like 1

Fantastic news! I wish Peter a full and speedy recovery. I hope there's no repercussions for Edinburgh Speedway with this incident just when they least need it!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Everyone will be pleased to hear Peter (the photographer) has posted an update to let everyone know his condition thank god it’s not as bad as first feared. 

First of all a massive THANK YOU to everyone who took the Time to message and call. I truly felt the love of the Speedway Family and am blessed to be part of it.
I have just come out surgery to close two wounds on my head. All went well. I do have small breaks to my C2 and C3 vertebra and will be in a neck bracelet for about 12 weeks but again everything will be fine.

Very good news indeed,still a nasty injury but thankfully will make full recovery.

This guy was just operating a camera and this happened. What a relief. All the best Pete. A lot of the posts on this forum platform discuss crap (I’m as guilty as anybody) about subjects the outside world neither know or care about. But when it comes to something that is more important than the sport (health), it is great to read poster’s concerns for Pete’s welfare. Should add Cookie into that too. Sounds like Pete needs to be patient and we will all no doubt continue to post garbage relating to the minority sport we love.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Still an awful injury and 12 week recuperation but great news that it looks as though it will be a full recovery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Fantastic news! I wish Peter a full and speedy recovery. I hope there's no repercussions for Edinburgh Speedway with this incident just when they least need it!

There will be no reprucissions you grief chasing maniac. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Monarchs2468 said:

There will be no reprucissions you grief chasing maniac. 

That’s a bit of a savage response to a concerned fan. No need for that

13 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Great news, get well soon Pete. Big relief for Cookie.

Such a big relief, he's signed for Leicester!

Sadly Adams injury has almost been missed post meeting. Best wishes for a Speedy recovery lad

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gr8scot said:

Sadly Adams injury has almost been missed post meeting. Best wishes for a Speedy recovery lad

And especially as it wasn't his fault that he got injured.

• Like 4