British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Glasgow 23/8/23 Championship

In the interests of fairness after previous comments I'll say track was pretty good last night. A few decent heats with and without passing

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Must of it is banter (well is from me - unless they start attacking me and have to defend myself) Shame they can't take it without responding to name calling. 

Its speedway not football.  Surely we as a group of supporters should be better than resorting to name calling when our opinion differs from somebody else's . The jealousy that Poole got aimed at them in the top league has now transferred down to the Championship .Suppose that's the price you pay for being the most successful team 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

In the interests of fairness after previous comments I'll say track was pretty good last night. A few decent heats with and without passing

The slagging off of the track I can accept!!

2 minutes ago, Pinny said:

theres a rumour going around that lisa collette applied to go on the jeremy kyle show before it was axed. 

she got offered a show but turned it down as it meant shed not be able to spend 15 hours of her day sat glued to this forum spouting nonsense.

you could honestly imagine her and starman as a couple. Not a braincell between them.

Give it a rest. Your posts are pathetic. If you don't like what she's saying, either ignore her or respond to what she's actually saying. Resorting to petty insults like this (and the posts before) makes you look like the one struggling on the brain cell front.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If you took Complin out of heat 9 and used a t/r, he would have had one ride left, to be used in heat 14. The fact that Glasgow failed t bring a number 8 when using r/r is their fault.

Also forgot to mention we have someone new to boo. Vissing for some unfathomable reason decided to verbally attack the start Marshall after one heat. No idea why but made a fool out of himself and brought the wrath of the grandstand down on him for the remainder of the meeting. Funny though.

Apparently according to a Poole fan on FB Vissing was called to the tapes four times, that was why he kicked off? I did notice that in the rest of his races the Clerk of the Course was stood on centre green by the tapes watching him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Give it a rest. Your posts are pathetic. If you don't like what she's saying, either ignore her or respond to what she's actually saying. Resorting to petty insults like this (and the posts before) makes you look like the one struggling on the brain cell front.

She sticks her nose in every topic and makes a twit of herself. Most slate Poole fans as a rule down to Shovlar but he at least can hold a general conversation. This vicky pollard wanna-bee is just another level of stupidness

• Sad 3

9 hours ago, Barabas said:

You've obviously no clue about speedway or your in denial...Glasgow are poor at reserve if you don't know this your thick as mud pal ...you give me peace you don't win anything with 2 poor reserves & don't say they are good don't lie 

Pot kettle black as they say. 

40 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Apparently according to a Poole fan on FB Vissing was called to the tapes four times, that was why he kicked off? I did notice that in the rest of his races the Clerk of the Course was stood on centre green by the tapes watching him. 

The referee should then either warn or disqualify the rider. Happened at Glasgow recently, but I don’t remember who it was. Might have been a Poole rider but I can’t honestly remember. Doesn’t look like I noted it in my programme.

47 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I agree with 99% of this but then you had to do the same has him

Is honestly like Poole fans know absolutely zero rules within the sport as theyve bent most of them over the years! Amazing

• Confused 1

Whats happened to 'attack the post - not the poster'?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Pinny sticks his nose in every topic and makes a twit of himself. Most slate Poole fans as a rule down to Shovlar but he at least can hold a general conversation. This wanna-be Benny from Crossroads is just another level of stupidness

Corrected for accuracy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

theres a rumour going around that lisa collette applied to go on the jeremy kyle show before it was axed. 

she got offered a show but turned it down as it meant shed not be able to spend 15 hours of her day sat glued to this forum spouting nonsense.

you could honestly imagine her and starman as a couple. Not a braincell between them.

Really ! You seem to have a grudge against Lisa Collette, by all means criticize the post but leave out the personal insults, she is just supporting her team

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Toady said:

I agree with 99% of this but then you had to do the same has him

Fair point.

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

The referee should then either warn or disqualify the rider. Happened at Glasgow recently, but I don’t remember who it was. Might have been a Poole rider but I can’t honestly remember. Doesn’t look like I noted it in my programme.

Steve Worrall I think? 

• Like 1