British Speedway Forum

• Topics

• Everybody sees themselves as a managerial genius sat at home in their armchairs don’t they. No I'm not contradicting myself, szkocjasid. Lampart wasn’t getting final rider replacement ride in heat 13 on 4 points when Pawlicki on 10 points hadn’t yet taken one. Realistically Pawlicki wasn’t going to replace anyone else other than Flint once he got an unexpected outing early on when Cook went through the tapes. Pawlicki had six of the available seven rides, and heat 14 was his programmed ride which would have been his seventh and final ride. That is the only issue people are having here. But you weren’t there, I weren’t there, and nobody knows the reason Pawlicki was then pulled and replaced by Flint. Nobody in their right mind would willingly choose Flint over Pawlicki so there would have been a reason for it. That doesn’t mean the plan was always to pull him from that heat meaning a trick was missed not giving him an extra ride earlier. Perhaps having three on the trot and only scoring one point from the last two of those had a bearing on that decision that they weren’t expecting to make. If Pawlicki had replaced Lampart early on then his night would have been done in heat 13 regardless, having then taken the full quota of seven rides. I just don’t think it’s the major bollock that you and a couple of others are making it out to be I really don’t. It just seems to be fashionable to scrutinise every move Ermolenko makes and then jump in with both feet when a decision seemingly doesn’t look like a good one. You can be a manager in the pits looking at the programme pre-meeting and have the best intentions and have everything mapped out the way you think it’s going to go, but things can and often do change those plans during meetings. We’ll agree to disagree. 
    • Your Mrs likes it.
    • No, pictures of Michaela Strachan.
    • Scunny are so strong at home r/r will be fine, away from home would suggest guests would be better.
    • BSPA / SCB can't do that, all they can do is give Covatti a 28 day ban for withholding his services, which allows Plymouth to use a guest. Once 28 days is up, they'd only be allowed a 75% guest if Covatti doesn't return. This is not a similar situation to Kennett, he got injured in the first match & they used a guest all year (as allowed by the regulations - can't blame Plymouth for that) this is different as Covatti is riding elsewhere but not for Plymouth, so more like the Laguta situation imo
  • Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy