Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Bagpuss

Members
  • Posts

    13,988
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    75

Everything posted by Bagpuss

  1. And be patient with them. The home advantage BV are experiencing this year had been cultivated by giving time to those middle and lower order riders.
  2. 'Team planning being underway' can mean anything from writing some names down on the back of a fag packet to having conversations with riders. I expect to some extent every team has starting some form of planning with several league structures/limits in mind.
  3. Well he kind of did, my point was a general one, as they often are on Poole threads as I dont want to be accused of having a go at them! It's not a new thing, track prep for riders not spectators has been an issue for years but if there is dust then what riders want shouldn't really come into it.
  4. Govern and promote speedway better, make sure riders are available much more, vastly reduce guests, get the pricing right amd make fixtures more regular. Don't think the current management structure can deliver that so bring in somebody who can.
  5. One of the issues with British speedway, tracks prep/maintenance should be with spectators in mind and not riders!
  6. Was gonna make the same point. Clubs who moan about a lack of fixtures really should be running an NDL side.
  7. Wouldn't be surprised if Wroclaw have had some input too.
  8. I think its as simple as the need to be competitive. Apparently they had Gilkes signed until he got injured again, got to desperation levels I'd have thought.
  9. Is it possible to pay for standing on the gate @PhilTheAce @Rob B
  10. I think Oxford's team was based upon Riss being fit, well and in double figures more often than not. His absence has been huge. I think Rowe has been underwhelming too when you consider his scores in other leagues.
  11. No idea what the racing was like last night but rider opinion is rarely a good barometer for the quality of speedway on show, very often the riders love the track but its not good for passing and vice versa.
  12. They are still developing Binns, Cossey, Huthwaite etc but this is the issue with a too high points limit unfortunately, Lynn have had to sign established Champ riders and old hands to be competitive. Plus I'm cynical about Kennet's motives, no doubt it involves Poole and using him as a ringer. There's only so long British speedway can keep treating its patrons like they're daft.
  13. I can't find it now but I'm sure I read somewhere that BVTV are filming it.
  14. Bit like deadline day in football presumably.
  15. Good signing and looking forward to seeing how he does.
  16. I'm sure Kennett knew exactly what he needed to do at Oxford to fit at Poole 👀
  17. And the one where he and Brian Karger had a dead heat in the final and had to have a run off? Remember Wheels clearly from the 80's and 90's, an Anglia TV production on quite late at night; they used to have motocross, truck racing and all sorts. From memory the three speedway offerings were the 4TT from P'boro, the 16 lapper from Ippo and either the PotE or the Barum Trophy from Lynn. Dave Lanning on comms. Had years worth of them recorded on VHS that we wore out from watching! Great memories.
  18. I'm going this Saturday and for some reason it'll be my first ever British Final, did plenty of Commonwealth and Overseas Finals in the 90's but no British finals. Would agree with Aries, the Fours at Peterborough were great, did plenty of those.
  19. He didn't though did he? He was in front and didnt even know where Etheridge was. I've been watching the kid regularly for 1¾ seasons and he can certainly ride safely. He's produced overtaking manoeuvres that many more experienced riders can't. Who does he keep knocking off? Other than Battye this evening (assuming he did as I've not seen it) who else has he 'knocked off'? Certainly not Etheridge and the only other incident I can think of is where he may have been at fault was the Northampton one with Harrison and Scott, and he's certainly not in their 'black books'. You have to expect a bit of exuberance from 16 year olds but he's incredibly controlled and safe for his inexperience.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy