Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY OFF FINAL - SCUNTHORPE v POOLE v SCUNTHORPE (2 & 7 October)


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Desperate times at Scunthorpe. Should have done that before the first leg then you might still be in with a chance.

I'd be pinning that up in the Scunny dressing room if I were David Howe! 

Will certainly make things interesting if the weather means a different-to-normal track.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I'd be pinning that up in the Scunny dressing room if I were David Howe! 

Will certainly make things interesting if the weather means a different-to-normal track.

A good point and hopefully true.

I hope I’m wrong, but I think the stage is set for an absolute borefest. The line-up is filled with talent, but given the deficit from the first leg, Poole won’t risk going toe-to-toe racing with Scunthorpe.

The second leg of last season’s play-off final where Poole secured the title at Ashfield was one of the best meetings I’ve ever been to.

Those unfortunate enough to remember the first leg at will recall Freddy Hodder’s pass of Paul Starke on the line in heat two was the only pass that happened beyond the first lap in the entire evening. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Must have been that dodgy collarbone. Desperate move from Scunthorpe to be honest.

The forecast is for rain to clear away by lunchtime to leave a sunny afternoon. Perfect for the track.

 

Hopefully with the rain the season long dust will have disappeared and maybe just maybe some dirt may appear. Come on scunny 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Neila said:

Hopefully with the rain the season long dust will have disappeared and maybe just maybe some dirt may appear. Come on scunny 😄

Get off this thread. You wind up merchant. Pirates to take the sting out of the Scorpions. Come on you Pirates.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

Get off this thread. You wind up merchant. Pirates to take the sting out of the Scorpions. Come on you Pirates.

Enjoy the meeting mate hope the best team from oop north  win 😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy