British Speedway Forum

• Topics

• Full line-ups... Oxford Spires: 1. Rohan Tungate, 2. Charles Wright, 3. Lewis Kerr, 4. Maciej Janowski, 5. Chris Harris, 6. Erik Riss, 7. Ashton Boughen. Ipswich Witches: 1. R/R, 2. Dan Thompson, 3. Adam Ellis, 4. Norick Blodorn (G), 5. Emil Sayfutdinov, 6. Keynan Rew, 7. Jordan Jenkins.
    • All Points above I get and to an extent I agree with. But on the point where we are in the Final of the Cup and we should get Top 4, which means we should be in Play Offs come September is saying we can afford to lose a few meetings etc and still be safe whilst using Guests and R/R. I disagree with this as its ok to start with,and I think we have been very lucky with Guests since all these injuries started, but losing a few meetings coz we are safe will start to effect riders confidence in the long run, so why accept its ok to just lose a few, and what about the supporters that travel everywhere to keep watching Guests and those that travel and think it's ok tonight we can afford to lose this. I do understand the right person has to come in, and we don't want anybody in the management doesn't trust,of course I get that, you don't want no bad egg coming in at this stage,but I certainly wouldn't want to wait to say August to get the right man in (Lambert). Yes I know for a Fact they are trying their hardest,and I for one trust the process, but I don't want to go watch us in away meetings with the attitude we can afford to lose this one, you can't win every meeting either,but I'd rather watch us lose with a team that knows each other come September than a team that has gone through the motions. I also must add Jason Doyle is irreplaceable,so I understand the extent of the task getting the right rider in, but for me personally who goes Home and Away I would hope a new Number 1 is in sooner rather than later. I don't think the attitude of being in a good position warrants using Guests and R/R for the next few meetings coz we can afford to lose a few. This Sport hinges on momentum and Rider Confidence, and a few defeats coz it's ok, would effect confidence in our younger riders in JJ,Rew and Dan Thompson,who have all waded in with vital points this season, why would we want to risk them losing any confidence. I will be at Oxford tomorrow night(Weather Permitting)cheering the boys on,but I agree with an original post,this looks like a meeting that could finally catch up with us. Hope to see a few Witches fans tomorrow night, as my previous visit to Oxford this season was a brilliant night,not just coz of the result,but again this Speedway family that never let's us down(apart from the Sheffield bend army)the Oxford supporters were excellent company.
    • I do not think Ipswich are muddling through as a neutral supporter, I think the riders are are gelling and working hard through the injury problems well and getting the correct result for Ipswich, very much like Peterborough did in 2021. 
    • Hey up Neila One of them was free so you know that it actually does make sense! And I'm avin a flat white reet now   Just like supporting the Pirates makes sense and u will realise that when we knock u out the BSN!  And anyways u are awful but I like you 
    • Really! whatever floats your boat though.
    • In terms of relevance to Berwick, they proved to a point to Stewart, who believe it or not manages Berwick ! Also, the twins rode against Berwick last night, seems liked there's enough relevance to me!
  • Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy